This is a mental health case manager-co-therapist position. The Mental Health Worker (MHW) works closely with their Mental Health Professional counterpart to provide direct treatment services to children, adolescents, and families. The MHW uses the Ecosystemic Structural Family Therapy model and other treatment modalities. Essential Functions:
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Education
- Provide assessment and treatment services in the home of the identified client/family.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Provide supportive counseling, psychotherapy and skill training in such areas as child management, problem solving and stress reduction techniques.
- Provide written assessment of family member's strengths as well as problem areas to be resolved when establishing service goals.
- Work with and involve family members in the development of crisis-safety and treatment plans, provide case management and linkage, and plan discharge for assigned cases.
- Maintain intensity of service as many hours as needed per week with each enrolled family.
- Preserve/ensure child's safety and well-being by monitoring home environment and facilitating placement if necessary.
- Attend individual, team, and group supervision meetings as scheduled for the purpose of clinical guidance of cases, chart reviews, and team function.
- Maintain consumer files in compliance with licensing requirements and supervisory directives 100% of the time.
- Maintain communication and coordination of services with collateral agencies.
- Participate in the on-call rotation as assigned.
- Work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends based on family needs plus 24 hour crisis response.
- Attend all required agency and family based training.
- Consistently meet productivity expectations as an individual and as a team member.
- Maintain and uphold Community Counseling Center's policies, respect confidentiality, and exhibit a professional demeanor at all times while at work.
- Any violation of policies and procedures/job duties will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in CCC CQI plan to ensure quality of service to CCC consumers.
- Can perform the essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodations, if necessary.
Certifications and licenses:
- A bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, nursing, education, rehabilitation, pre-med, theology or anthropology plus 1 year of experience in a CASSP system program.
- Have 12 college level semester hours in humanities or social services plus 1 year of experience in a CASSP system program and be enrolled for certification by OMH as a mental health family-based worker.
- A licensed RN plus have 1 year of experience in a CASSP system program and be enrolled for certification by OMH as a mental health family-based worker.
- This person must possess a current and valid driver's license and the ability to travel.
- Acts 33 &34 Clearances and criminal record check.
- Position requires enrollment in the WPIC FBMH Training Program.
- Reliable transportation is necessary.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- A record for high professional and ethical standards as evidenced by letters of recommendation.
- Literacy standard that includes the ability to read proficiently and write legibly with proper grammar and syntax.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Computer Proficient Ability to use modern computers and database technology, office software (for documents and e-mail), and operate printers and copy machines.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Knowledge of child and adolescents developmental stages.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as consumers, co-workers, and direct reports.
- Trauma Informed Awareness Ability to recognize the potential impact of trauma and be considerate of that potential in interactions with clients, co-workers, and others.
- Primary work is performed in various community settings such as consumer's homes and in the schools. Work is also performed in a climate-controlled office building.
- Physical demands of this job requires, sitting, standing, walking, reaching, grasping, climbing steps, data entry on keyboard, driving a vehicle in inclement weather.
I certify that to the best of my knowledge all statements shown above are correct.
I accept the responsibilities and terms of the job descriptions.
Signature of Employee Date Describe how you are supervised by telling how your work is assigned and how your supervisor reviews your work.
I am supervised by the Family Based Program Director. Specific tasks are assigned by the Family Based Program Director and in response to needs of the agency, program, and consumers. Work is performed under the clinical and administrative supervision of the Program Director and is monitored through/ by individual, team, and group supervision, live supervision, observation, review of documentation, clinical consultation, WPIC didactic and clinical training, and consumer satisfaction.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________ Prepare an organizational chart and identify your supervisor and all employees whose performance rating you sign by names and class titles. If you are not a supervisor, your supervisor must complete this part and identify his supervisor and all his subordinates.
Please see Agency's Table of Organization Describe the kind of supervision you give the employees on the above chart by explaining the type of work assigned and the type of work reviewed exercised. If you are not a supervisor, your supervisor must complete this part for all employees shown above.
I provide both administrative and clinical supervision for all staff members in the Family based department. I assign new cases, review clinical documentation, review monthly productivity, review mileage and expense sheets, provide individual, team, and group supervision, and am available to staff for on-call purposes. I regularly evaluate the overall job performance of each employee. FOR THE EMPLOYEE'S IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Review your subordinate's statements. You may make any comments or include any information you feel is appropriate or would be helpful. Use additional paper if needed.
The individual and the supervisor have reviewed the content of this job description and both agree to its accuracy.
Employee's Class Date
Supervisor's Signature Title