About the Job
We are expanding our team and seeking an entry-level Archaeological Technicians for seasonal, as needed/variable hour work based in the Southern and Central Coast California areas, specifically near Santa Barbara, Pasadena, and San Juan Capistrano. Dudek is looking for experienced and highly motivated candidates who work well in a field setting and are interested in attaining new skills and targeted professional growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively conduct archaeological field and lab work (or related office tasks) under the direction and supervision of a Dudek staff archaeologist
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Archaeology or Anthropology or in a closely related field is required. Archaeological interns with bachelor degrees in progress in addition to volunteer, academic experience, field school will be considered
- Current valid driver's license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads
- Experience or trainable in a wide range of archaeological field methods including pedestrian survey and shovel testing, testing/evaluation and data recovery excavations, and archaeological construction monitoring
- Experience or trainable in a laboratory setting including cataloging, species and artifact identification, processing collections for formal curation
- Experience with Excel/Access data entry, pivot tables, formula functions, etc.
- Previous regional experience in identifying and recording a variety of site and isolate types in California
- Experience or trainable operating field equipment, including GPS, ESRI Collector, Trimble, compass, tablets, etc.
- Physical ability to carry equipment and supplies (up to 40 lbs.) and walk or hike for long hours in adverse conditions (hot/cold weather, precipitation, challenging terrain for sustained durations)
- Willingness to travel to a project location for several consecutive days
- Willingness to complete and submit field forms/notes/paperwork on time and as instructed by archaeological supervisor/crew chief
- Good communication and writing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships/work in a team environment
- Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to resolve conflict through collaboration and communication
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawai'i, and Oregon.
At Dudek, we need inclusivity to succeed and diversity to lead. We understand that the best problem solving happens when diverse viewpoints and experiences are applied. We recognize that different perspectives, inclusivity, and trust build a stronger culture and add value to our firm. We celebrate our differences and strive to make meaningful progress toward becoming a more diverse company.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. COVID-19 Update:
Protecting the health and safety of our communities is our highest priority. Please note that due to the federal government's recent Executive Order for federal contractors, Dudek has adopted a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions/accommodations based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Powered by JazzHR