At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Beginning on February 21, 2022, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination series + booster (once eligible). Individuals currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster must get their booster, or have an approved exemption as a condition of employment at MSK. Individuals can get their COVID-19 booster 5 months after receiving their second dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, or 2 months after the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Individuals who are not yet eligible for a booster must meet this criteria within 30 days of becoming eligible.
We are seeking a Qualitative Analyst
to work in a shared behavioral research methods facility managed by faculty within the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences.You will:
- Work with MSK investigators to develop, plan, and implement research projects which use qualitative methodology.
- Responsible for the collection and analysis of qualitative data and the dissemination of results for presentations, publications and future grant applications.
- Educate trainees, faculty and staff about the Patient-Reported Outcomes, Community Engagement and Language Core (PRO CEL) by assisting with presentations at large group meetings.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary research teams internal to and external to MSK.
- Train faculty and staff to code qualitative data.
- A Master's degree in Social Sciences: Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology or related field ( preferred ) .
- At least 2 years of experience in qualitative research experience including conducting focus groups or individual interviews and coding and analyzing qualitative data.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High Proficiency with qualitative data analysis software (e.g. Atlas.ti, NVivo, Dedoose).
- Experience in the psycho-oncology, behavioral science, patient reported outcomes.
- Good organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.