we enrich lives; we enhance missions. Trust
: our core value Expertise
: environmental skill Compassion
: service with heart Joy
: shared openly Flexibility
: adaptable by nature Gratitude
: appreciation always Job Title: Archaeologist
Environmental Research Group, LLC (ERG) is seeking an on-site Archaeologist in the Fort Lee, Virginia Cultural Resources Office. This position will be full-time, on-site, salary paid with full benefits. Founded in 2000, ERG is an 8(a) certified, service-disabled veteran-owned (SDVO), economically disadvantaged woman-owned (EDWO) small business (SB). We are a value-driven, employee first company. Trust, expertise, and compassion drive our success, while gratitude, joy, and flexibility drive the team.
The successful candidate will have Mid-Atlantic and/or Southeast experience. Demonstrated through fieldwork, site identification, artifact analysis and identification, and technical writing is preferred. This position is for a civilian contractor working on a federal Department of Defense installation and will most likely be a prehistoric archaeologist who meets Secretary of the Interior standards for archaeology and who can apply in impactful ways previous field experience and technical writing skills to this position. Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field
- At least 3 years full-time professional archaeological experience leading field crews, conducting artifact analysis, and preparing archaeological reports
- Expertise in prehistoric archaeology and prehistoric artifact identification preferred
- Working knowledge of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
- Working knowledge of Federal and State laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to cultural resources
- Experience collecting data with Trimble GPS technology
- Basic GIS experience and ArcPRO preferred
- Proficient use of total station and ground penetrating radar equipment not required but preferred
- Ability to conduct fieldwork, including site monitoring, and complete site recommendations
- Ability to conduct archival research
- Familiarity with using Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook while working remotely
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong organizational stills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and respond quickly while working in the field or office
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Will work with minimal supervision at times
- Public outreach experience
- Have a valid driver's license and must be able to drive a government vehicle
- Must be able to pass DoD security clearances and background checks
- US citizenship required
As a Staff Archaeologist, the successful candidate will be expected to complete background research, complete field projects, write reports, and collaborate with a team. The highest emphasis is placed on the ability to effectively conduct and maintain the archaeological needs of Fort Lee from start to finish (research, fieldwork, analysis, technical writing, maintaining database) and continue the process of addressing the current outstanding identification of cultural resources. The candidate needs to be comfortable and knowledgeable enough with the subject matter to make identifications and recommendations of culturally significant findings. The candidate should demonstrate flexibility as daily tasks may change on short notice, as well as be able to maintain a positive attitude when faced with sudden changes to project priorities.
Salary ranges from $52,500-$56,900, commensurate with experience. Bonuses are offered for exceptional performance. Benefits package includes health insurance, paid holiday and vacation, and a 401(k) plan with employer contribution regardless of employee contribution. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing appropriate background checks to work on-site at a Department of Defense installation. Please send a CV and three references. Successful candidates should be prepared to submit a writing sample.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and proof of having received the COVID-19 vaccine. As a reminder, you are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 having received two doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer vaccination or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccination.
ERG, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability or protected veteran status. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. As an on site position, the selected candidate would have to comply with current DoD COVID EO and related provisions.