Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
You will contribute to objectives by:
• Effectively leading collaboration across teams, to work with business stakeholders and customers to conduct design and facilitate studies and customer journey mapping and ideation workshops that articulate the end-to-end journey paths and personas experience.
• Envisioning and creating a future state customer experience "north star" based on your workshops and iterative customer research.
• Working closely and constructively with program management, engineering, business stakeholders, and customer experience strategists to iterate and deliver a future state experience with flawless UI designs.
• Cocreating of strategies for successful design to engineering improvements to improve efficiencies and quality across the product or portfolio.
• Being an excellent communicator and storyteller that can communicate complex concepts in a manner that excites and creates enthusiasm for the proposed future state experiences, via the art of the possible. Producing design visualizations to help everyone understand what the best experience should be: storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces.
• Demonstrating expertise in creating a variety of supporting documentation including design specifications and guidelines, user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, heuristic evaluation, and annotated wireframes.
• Always advocating for the customer and partner, with a data driven approach centered on design thinking, quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
• Working with engineering to apply design thinking for technical constraints, user goals, and business requirements.
• Leading ideation sessions cross organization teams to iterate on designs, user stories, and impact reviews.
The ideal candidate must be an excellent experiential systems thinker and set the stage with strong framing, architecture, interaction, and visual skills. You have a proven track record of building compelling design systems from start to finish through prototypes, mock-ups, task analysis, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams. You contribute to a collaborative design process by delivering rapid prototypes, user stories, concept sketches, experience storyboards, information architecture, interaction design, and design research. You have best in class storytelling capabilities by taking complex ideas and simplifying them into easy-to-understand stories and concepts to help others understand customer needs and motivations. You are an emerging leader who is, or is ready to, lead multiple workstreams and teams.
- 5+ years Customer Experience Design Experience.
- 5+ years in user experience research, design research, product research or the equivalent with strong theoretical and practical knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- 5+ Designing, planning, and facilitating live and virtual Design Thinking workshops
- 5+ years designing experiences that include extensive digital solutions (omni-channel, self-service, AI bots, etc.) information, architecture, interaction design, user research, and usability testing, with previous experience successfully leading research and design teams.
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Sociology, Anthropology, HCI, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Market Research, or equivalent experience.
- Work samples emphasizing end to end journeys, design contributions and outcomes (portfolio review is required).
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch.
- Experience shipping digital online applications or support knowledge.
- Design empathy for technical implementation.
- Aware of trends in mobile, communications, and collaboration.
- Possesses the ability to think conceptually about design and information architecture.
- Proficiency in creating high-craft presentations with demonstrated written and verbal. communication skills with executive audiences.
- Understands the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future products.
- Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts.
- Master or PhD degree in Psychology, Human Factors, HCI, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Architecture, or equivalent experience.
- Design Thinking Certification from an accredited institution.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative techniques) and you understand the right balance between the two.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a high comfort with ambiguity.
- Strong grasp of quantitative and qualitative data analysis and statistics.
- Hands-on experience with user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research, international research, and survey design.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $138,200 and $206,800.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .