*** $1000-1500 Commitment Bonus!! ***(amount is dependent upon degree level)
Beacon Light Behavioral Health System is looking for a Family Based Mental Health Worker
who is responsible To provide therapeutic support to the child/adolescent and family in specified areas of social, behavioral and emotional concern and needs that have been identified by the child/youth and family and addressed in the treatment plan. Strengthening and supporting the family to improve coping skills, educate family members on advocating and caring for their child, crisis stabilization, utilizing community resources, and coordination of care. To provide support to the child that facilitates the growth and development of the child and the development of therapeutic support skills in the parents, family members, educators and others to ensure that such support is maintained for the child as professional interventions are decreased and terminated. Family-Based Mental Health Services
(FBMH) are designed to keep kids safe and living at home while helping parents/caregivers develop skills to help their children manage moods and behaviors.TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires an active driver's license and a DMV check that is clear. Position may require travel in the communities served or state of Pennsylvania for position requirements 25-50% of the time. Travel to assist with individuals attending required appointments or visits as needed 5-10% of the time. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Have a bachelors degree in psychology, sociology, social work, nursing, rehabilitation, pre-med, theology or anthropology plus 1 year of experience in a CASSP system program: OR
- Have 12 college level semester hours in humanities or social services plus 1 year of experience in a CASSP system program and be enrolled for certification by OMH as a mental health family based worker. OR
- Be a licensed RN plus have 1 year of experience in a CASSP system program and be enrolled for certification by OMH as a mental health family based worker.
- 18 Paid Time Off Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- 3 Paid Personal days
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Pet Insurance
- And More!
Beacon Light is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Joint Commission accredited, and a Trauma Informed Care agency providing the best support to our clients and staff. Our Services and employment are provided in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to Race, Sex, Color, National Origin, Ancestry, Religious Creed, Disability and Age.
Check out what our staff have to say about working for us!
At this time the vaccine is not required for employment with our agency. Our agency strongly encourages vaccination for your safety and the safety of those we provide services to.