Req ID 1994
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That's why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a on-call, Part-Time Field Archaeologists for our Washington, DC office. The following locations will also be considered: Glastonbury, CT; Troy, NY; Morristown, NJ; and Baltimore, MD . Be involved in projects with our Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges. Work is expected to be located primarily in the local regions, with additional opportunities to work in other states as needed.
- Assist with field projects during all phases of archaeological testing (primarily Phase I and II)
- Detailed note taking and field record documentation
- Prehistoric and historic artifact identification
- Documenting Munsell soil descriptions
- Work as part of a team
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Undergraduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, historic preservation, or related field
- Archaeological field school
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, physically able to conduct all aspects of fieldwork in all weather conditions, and be able to follow instructions from their crew chief.
- This is an on-call, hourly position. Ability to travel and work on short notice is necessary, as additional opportunities to work in other states is possible. Hourly rates are industry competitive and based on North American CRM experience.
- This role is subject to a client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy. As such, employee may be subject to random drug/alcohol tests. A copy of the client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy will be provided during employee onboarding and is available upon applicant request.#LI-AW2
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum Years Experience: 0-2 years
- Travel Required: 40%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Part
- Primary Location: WASHINGTON - 23RD STREET NW
- All locations: US-CT-Glastonbury, US-DC-Washington, US-MD-Baltimore, US-NJ-Morris Township, US-NY-Troy
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.