**"Dow Jones internships are currently planned for in person this Summer 2022, however, the ever-changing landscape may require adjustments toward hybrid or fully remote models."**
**Application deadline: January 31, 2022. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as you can as internship applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.**
The Customer Intelligence team is responsible for helping grow the Dow Jones portfolio of brands by delivering best-in-class intelligence and insights. We do this by conducting research into our customers and prospects, and their relationship with our brands, products, and content. We use a variety of methodologies, including (but not limited to): surveys, focus groups, interviews, ethnography, co-creation and UX testing. The team acts as a customer advocate and expert in a trusted advisor capacity to our business partners, and works on various projects across the brand portfolio: The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, MarketWatch, Factiva, etc. and across all parts of the business from the Newsrooms to Marketing, Sales, Technology, Product, Finance, Data, and Customer Service. Our mission is to effectively shape and answer the big questions facing Dow Jones to the mutual benefit of our customers and the business. We do this by representing the voice of the customer at senior leadership level to ensure that customer intelligence is at the heart of decision-making at Dow Jones.
- You are a highly motivated and energetic individual who will work closely with Dow Jones Customer Intelligence Directors and Managers to gain hands-on experience on a range of projects within the market research field.
- You will work across a wide range of research projects, where you will deliver intelligence based on data from a variety of resources, including primary research projects (conducted in-house or via an agency), secondary research and proprietary customer data.
- The work will involve taking a brief, designing a research or analytics approach, and seeing it through to execution, analysis and reporting - whether independently or as part of a working group.
- To communicate research findings, you'll create compelling, easy-to-understand reports in Google Docs, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, or other appropriate and engaging formats, and present these to teams across Dow Jones.
- You'll be expected to develop strong working relationships with colleagues in other departments in order to assist the CI Directors and their teams in delivering tailored and relevant intelligence.
- The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter, curious, and excited about understanding what drives human behaviors and decision-making.
- Working towards a Master's degree in Market Research, Anthropology, Sociology, Philosophy, Psychology, Economics, Statistics, Math, Data Analytics, Marketing, Business, Finance, Product Design, or related fields.
- Keen to combine your academic studies with real, hands-on experience in the world of corporate market research.
- Well-organized and have strong project management skills.
- An exceptional communicator, both written and verbal - and detail-oriented.
- Data-driven, statistically-minded and have an ability to analyze data to get to the ‘so what' to inform future strategies.
- Able to work independently, demonstrate efficiency and problem solving skills in completing required tasks.
- Able to collaborate creatively within a team.
- Interested in market research, human behaviours, the why behind the what, and have an interest in the news and information industry.
- Timely, professional, and know how to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Google Docs.
- The internship consists of up to 35 hrs/week, at the prevailing minimum wage.
- Hours will be agreed with the Customer Intelligence Directors, though must be between 9 am-5 pm Mon-Fri.
- This will be a full-time, ongoing internship that will run for 10 weeks over summer 2021 - exact dates can be agreed upon at a later stage.
**Application Requirements**: Please apply with your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the internship and your fit with the role.
**Dow Jones** , Making Careers Newsworthy