Sr Business Intelligence Analyst - IT
AZ - Phoenix, AZ - Tempe, CT - New Haven, CT - Rocky Hill, FL - Boca Raton, FL - Fort Myers, FL - Jacksonville, FL - Lake Mary, FL - Sarasota, FL - St Petersburg, IL - Naperville, IL - Warrenville, IN - Indianapolis, KS - Wichita, LA - Baton Rouge, LA - Gretna, MI - Novi, NC - Charlotte, NC - High Point, NH - Bedford, NJ - Fair Lawn, NJ - Piscataway, NJ - Piscataway, NM - Albuquerque, NY - Albany, NY - Buffalo, NY - Liverpool, NY - Rochester, OH - Franklin, OH - Holland, OH - Lima, PA - Norristown, PA - Pittsburgh, TN - Nashville, TX - Dallas, TX - Irving, VA - Fairfax
As a member of the Paychex UX Research and Analytics team, a Sr Business Intelligence Analyst acts independently to plan and execute advanced data analytics projects and initiatives that may have a strategic impact on Paychex. Interacts with Product, UX Researchers, and UX Design, in the completion of projects and participates on and influences cross-functional teams. Acts as a thought leader and expert resource for UX researchers, Product Managers, and designers working with complex data sets or new questions.
- Leads and executes all phases of quantitative research projects by identifying the business problem, conducting data exploration, modeling and communication of final results to leadership across the company to create insightful analytical results that drive strategic decision making in the company.
- Utilizes financial and operational systems to retrieve and analyze data, perform complex research, interpret findings that have financial impact and draw appropriate conclusions, and develop and publish financial reports to support business unit decisions and performance results.
- Utilizes advanced functionality of Microsoft Office SQL, VBA, Alteryx, SSIS and/or Business Objects to perform data mining and automation. Extracts and houses data from internal Paychex systems for use in strategic analysis.
- Analyzes large sets of survey data, including open text.
- Designs research projects to discover new areas of opportunity for Paychex, for example new product offerings
- Works alongside data scientists and data engineers to perform advanced analytics and produce data products for internal and external customers.
- Programs computational and statistical algorithms in R, Python or related tool on large data sets, including survey data, log files or usage data, such as Google Analytics.
- Builds and designs visual tools such as dashboards to assist management in quickly understanding current business trends.
- Functions as a subject matter expert in position specific processes and/or responsibility areas.
- Develops collaborative working relationships with all business partners to ensure a high level of utilization of team services for departmental needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Master's or PhD preferred: Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science
- 6 years of experience in Data warehousing, data mining, or analytical environment.
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with SQL, Splunk or log files, Python or R, Matlab, or Business Objects.
- Technical experience with databases and data warehousing concept/tools and proven capability to strategically problem-solve using advanced quantitative and analytical skills.
- experience within User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research setting, and/or product research and development
- Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with business users, technical personnel, and all levels of management across the organization. Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner. Must be comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, and high-dimensionality data from varying sources. Ability for empirical research and answering hard questions with data. Expert proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in multivariate statistics and the design of experiments. Understanding of descriptive statistics and basic inferentials including regression, t-test and ANOVA.
- Expertise in data visualization preferred.
- Proficiency in programming computational and statistical algorithms for large data sets.
- Ability to analyze large text data in forms of words, sentences and paragraphs in the open text field
Paychex is dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). Our valued employees and commitment to I&D is the essence of our internal and external success. Inclusivity is a key value of our corporate culture and is exemplified through our reputation as a top employer for employee development, diversity, and ethics, as well as a focus on fairness in recruitment, selection, and decision making.
Click here for more information on our corporate social responsibility.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.