Requisition ID: 131319
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Information Technology
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
As the UX Researcher, you will be responsible for applying research methods to understand user needs, recommend proposals, and test solutions for new or existing digital products from the Kiewit Technology Group. This role works closely with the UI Design, Product, Project, and Software Engineering teams to ensure an effective user-centered design process is followed throughout the software development lifecycle.
Kiewit Technology Group's (KTG) mission is to deliver project schedule and cost certainty by employing technology designed by and for the construction industry. Our team deploys apps to the field that increase profitability by maximizing the way we use our people and resources in daily operations. KTG uses the Kiewit Management System (KMS), which includes systems and tools that manage every part of Kiewit's business and lifecycle of a project, to improve planning and day-to-day execution in the field by giving our people real-time data to make faster, smarter decisions. Every day our employees make an impact the efficiency of the iconic projects Kiewit builds and you can too.
This position is based out of our Kiewit Business Center at 12720 I Street. This is a shared service center in a professional office setting. This position offers a hybrid work schedule.
- Creates user pools, discussion guides, and reports for moderated and unmoderated UX research in the lab or the field, qualitative or quantitative, and behavioral or attitudinal (Surveys, contextual and stakeholder interviews, usability testing, card sorts, tree tests, sketching exercises, and other appropriate methods)
- Produces and documents appropriate UX deliverables such as service blueprints, process diagrams, personas, empathy maps, prioritization grids, wireframes, site maps, user flows, and research analysis reports
- Facilitates participatory discovery, ideation, and design activities in consultations, workshops, labs, or focus groups of various sizes leading to meaningful decisions, ideas, or artifacts
- Surfaces relevant secondary research from usability white papers, human factors, and the psychology of design when providing guidance, feedback, and heuristic evaluations
- Delivers user centered design training and education to the technology group and advocates for UX/UI team vision and practices
- Demonstrated practice of User Centered Design (UCD) and creation of UX deliverables (site maps, user flows, personas, surveys, and research analysis reports) required
- Demonstrated UX/Design Thinking facilitation skills such as Design Sprints or Workshops
- Ability to synthesize and articulate complex concepts targeted at multiple audiences
- Effectively communicates verbal, written, and designed content
- Willingness to travel approximately less than 10%
- Considering entry level to mid- level candidates
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), User Experience Design or equivalent professional training / experience preferred
- Experience in enterprise-wide product solutions preferred
- Background in Social Sciences/ Business / Visual Design a plus
- Education in psychology, sociology, or anthropology strongly desired
- Will also consider candidates with degree in Design or Visual Communication
- Experience with prototyping software such as Figma, Sketch, or Axure a plus
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.