We are seeking to hire a Senior Cultural Resources Specialist for our Houston, TX regional office within our Environmental Services Global Practice.
- The Senior Cultural Resources Specialist will lead project studies and surveys, construction monitoring, archaeological excavation and associated field work. This includes the collection of field data, artifact identification, GPS data collection and the preparation of technical reports for multi-disciplined projects in a variety of locations.
- This position will be working from our Houston or New Orleans office.
- Lead field investigations, field surveys and project studies for the presence of cultural resources.
- This includes conducting construction monitoring activities, archaeological excavation, artifact identification, and other various project related activities.
- Responsible for cultural resources clearance for a range of energy, transportation, military and municipal projects.
- Lead project efforts to meet obligations under U.S. Army Corps of Engineers permits, the National Historic Preservation Act, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission permits, and other Federal and state regulations.
- Lead pre-field work research, including studying and reporting the prehistory and history of each project area.
- Lead preparation and completion of pedestrian surveys, shovel testing, archival research, and documentation of results.
- Evaluate technical and GPS data presented to Project Managers and senior staff.
- Present project status and technical reports to the project team.
- Manage the cultural resources process for various stakeholders including; government agencies, tribal consultants, client coordinators, and other agencies and clients.
- Manage proposal planning and development efforts.
- Ensure compliance with company and site safety policies.
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited program required.
- Master's Degree in anthropology/archaeology or related field is required.
- Minimum 8 years of related experience conducting construction monitoring activities; field investigations, surveys and project studies; archaeological excavation, artifact identification and associated field work.
- Prior consulting experience a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of federal and state regulations relating to historic preservation such as the National Historic Preservation Act.
- Advanced knowledge of anthropology and archaeology methods and practices.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically for preparation of technical reports and proposal writing, are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to operate various types of GPS equipment.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, SharePoint).
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing work environments and research approaches.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Primary Location US-TX-Houston
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 201925