Overview of Position The User Experience (UX) Specialist is responsible for supporting both research and design efforts that actively engage current and potential users to inform design and functionality interactions of Change Healthcare's software products and solutions.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Research: She/he will conduct patient and member research utilizing the Design Thinking and Jobs to be Done approaches, from initial vision and methodology development, user identification and recruitment, to actual facilitation of in-person interviews and online testing, through to the synthesis and presentation of insights. Working with internal and project teams, utilizes immersive research to inform and execute effective solutions by first actively listening to target users, and then conducting usability tests to assess proposed designs and interactions. Insights derived (needs, pain points) and analysis (journey mapping, customer success criteria, prioritization) from such qualitative and quantitative research will inform Prototype design and system enhancements.
- Design: She/he will provide design support for Change Healthcare's software products and solutions, in helping to clarify and map flows (journey, process, workflow), promoting a cohesive (if not consistent) customer experience throughout, seeking to eliminate all arbitrary differences by recognizing and encouraging interaction patterns that can be abstracted and used by as many lines of business and customer types as possible. Such design patterns must be influenced and informed by usability research data and best practices. She/he will also contribute to the development and maintenance of Change Healthcare's UI Component Library.
- Apply design research methodologies in conducting effective UX research
- Analyze and derive insights (needs/pain points, user interactions/usability, gap/heuristics) to inform design decision making
- Gather strategic intelligence to provide insight regarding the market, trends and behaviors
- Manage recruiting (directly or through vendor), scheduling, and all logistical aspects to support in-person and on-line user testing
- Actively seek out best/latest practices for UX/UI research and design, and engage in training and educational activities to ensure these are brought to Change Healthcare
- Work with vendors and partners in support of research and design efforts
- Ensure overall quality of project solutions throughout the research and design process.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor's Degree in Product Engineering, Interactive Design, Human Centered Design, Social Science, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, or related field
- A minimum of two years with three years preferred hands on UX research/design experience in applying Human Centered Design and related approaches in the product and service markets
- Experience in Human Centered Design and the application of such techniques in the product and service markets.
- She/he will have experience in working cross functionally with product and design teams to inform, test and execute digital designs for web-based, enterprise network, and/or mobile applications.
- User research experience with a range of qualitative and quantitative user methods.
- Design experience with graphical software and interaction tools in visualizing research results and generating screen designs and flows.
- Active interest and some experience in applying rapid prototyping and user testing in combination to ensure both high efficiency and high customer-relevant value in the final product .
- Experience in the healthcare or payments industries preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude in utilization of graphical software and interaction tools in visualizing research results, presenting screen designs, or updating design elements
- Portfolio that includes examples of early discovery user research, usability testing, concept sketching and visual/interactive designs that clearly demonstrates aptitude in applying qualitative and quantitative techniques in the product and service markets to help inform decision making
- Passion for User Centered Design, and superior creativity and adaptability
- Unwavering interested in promoting really good and well-informed design with bias toward simplicity, elegance and minimalism found in the best modern applications
- Ability to articulate research and/or cognitive basis for opinions and decisions
- Well versed on methodology, study design, and analysis/reporting, including observational interviewing and task-based usability testing
- Ability to analyze research for key needs, pain points, and preferences, and synthesize such qualitative and quantitative information for presentation to key stakeholders
- Design sensibility with experience communicating ideas and interactions in rough sketch, visual graphics, and digital design; using graphical software
- Active interest in applying rapid prototyping and validating with users via usability testing
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to tailor messaging to the audience so that an appropriate level of understanding is conveyed organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
- Active learner, actively seeking to expand and share knowledge and experience in UX/UI design and research
- Complexity/Supervision: Working with internal and project teams, utilizes immersive research to inform and execute effective solutions by first actively listening to target users, and then conducting usability tests to assess proposed designs and interactions. Insights derived and analysis from such research informs Prototype design and current system design enhancements. Provides design support for Change Healthcare's software products and solutions, in helping to clarify and map flows, promoting a cohesive user experience throughout.
- Preferred location for this role is San Francisco Bay Area, CA; with potential for working remotely in nearby time zones.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP\EEO\Supplement\Final\JRF\QA\508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20English\formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare's Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information (https://www.changehealthcare.com/privacy-notice/privacy-notice-to-california-job-applicants) .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicant will reveive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.