Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking Field Archaeologists for immediate positions on multiple upcoming Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III projects in 2022 and beyond, located primarily throughout the Midwest and Southeast. Pay range is $15 - $19 per hour and is commensurate with education and experience. Per diem and lodging are provided for all projects. This advertisement is for on-call positions, with potential for long term work and possible full-time employment based on our current and upcoming workload.
Education / Minimum Experience
- BA/BS in archaeology / anthropology or related degree
- Archaeological field school
- Or demonstrated equivalent experience
- At least 3 months CRM experience that may include:
- Phase I survey experience (shovel testing / pedestrian survey)
- Phase II / III excavation experience (field form completion, unit and feature excavation, photography)
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures)
- Ability to hike cross-country while carrying personal equipment and supplies, and carry out the physical effort to hand excavate shovel tests or test units
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and basic physical fitness test (arranged and paid for by Wood)
Please contact Kathy Warner (email@example.com) or Marc Wampler (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or for more information.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.