Methods+Mastery brings together data scientists, researchers, analysts, strategists, social marketers and creatives into one group to help marketers meet their big, audacious goals. Social data is the foundation of everything we do. From the right creative, to informing the right business strategies, it's the best reflection of true, unfiltered human perception.
Each experience with M+M delivers an inspiring revelation - moments, big or small, that make you not only see things differently , but drive you to act differently .
Every agency is 'curious'. We go beyond curiosity. We're insatiable . We use advanced analytics to push beyond surface-level intelligence to help us conquer insurmountable challenges. Right alongside our clients.
Using a base of social and other earned data, we incorporate other sources from search to survey to develop audience-centric insights for our clients. Our unique combination of data science and digital anthropology guides clients to a clearer understanding of their audiences. We arm their entire organization with timely intelligence and strategy they need to move in the right direction--across marketing, communications, product, and more.
We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Learn more about Methods+Mastery and how we view the world here (http://www.methodsandmastery.com/) .
This position offers the opportunity for a hybrid set-up with work from home and work from office flexibility.
We're seeking an experienced Vice President of Marketing Research to join our team. Our ideal candidate is steeped in internet culture, passionate about social and adept at using data to dig deeper to find meaning and understanding.
You'll put those skills to work with our set of Fortune 50 clients - smart marketers making waves in social. You'll lead research projects and ongoing workstreams in support of these clients, developing plans and direction, providing senior counsel and overseeing junior and mid-level analysts who are supporting the work. This is a client-facing role so your ability to not only find the meaning in data, but present this clearly and tell a story to our client partners, is critical.
You'll work closely with our global team made up of strategists, creatives, analysts, and fellow researchers that span skill sets from data science to ethnography. You will be insightful, ambitious, and eager to share your knowledge with others and further the growth of our capabilities. Come and shape the future vision of our agency.
- Plan, develop and manage effective research approaches for Consumer and B2B clients; acting as a day-to-day, client-facing analyst on our Fortune 50 clients.
- Providing strategic client counsel and advice on putting data at the heart of marketing programs
- Develop cross-platform research, analytics and measurement approaches and learning agendas across clients
- Developing integrated measurement models that allow clients/M+M to demonstrate business impact of marketing programs
- Leading development of research strategies and plans with a client's defined audiences at the center, providing oversight and guidance to the team in executing these projects effectively
- Translate client needs into project briefs, approaches and methodologies that guide our work and our teams.
- Support development of the agency's go-to-market materials for our research offering, building best practices and working with senior leadership to bolster our service offering, products, marketing, etc.
- Oversee the work of junior and mid-level researchers and analysts to ensure a high standard of quality across account deliverables and superior client service, always with an eye to driving the satisfaction that supports client retention and growth
- Act as an advocate, mentor and guide for preventing data bias and increasing understanding of diversity in our analytics, research and measurement practices and ensuring accurate representation of a target audience is represented in all data sets
- Motivate, guide and manage direct reports, and acti as a mentor to maintain a highly engaged and productive team.
- Work closely with the Social Marketing, Creative and Client Experience teams (including the Director of Planning, Creative Director, Director of Social Strategy, Director of Client Experience, Director of Influencer Strategy), to translate data into insights to fuel creative concepts and strategy development and deliver an exceptional client experience.
- Contribute to Methods+Mastery's culture of innovation, curiosity and respect for different backgrounds and perspectives.
- 6-10 years of research experience, either in an advertising, digital or integrated marketing agency, or within an in-house marketing team.
- Proven experience in finding the meaning in data, turning data into stories, and presenting data with compelling narratives.
- Expert understanding of research, analytics and their role in forming insights and the foundation for decision-making
- Expert understanding of integrated marketing measurement and the role social media plays within the consumer journey
- Familiarity with areas tangential to social data, including search, site, earned media, survey, etc, and familiarity with advanced analytics and data science, statistics, market mix modeling, predictive modeling, etc.
- Excellent client service and relationship-building skills, with proven success in a client-facing role.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong analytical skills with comfort in a mix of quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Ability to develop new frameworks and innovative methodologies to creatively answer complex research questions
- Experience with team management including conducting performance reviews, assessing training and development, etc.
- Expert knowledge of social media and digital research, monitoring, and measurement tools (e.g., Brandwatch, Talkwalker, Sprinklr, StatSocial, Tubular, YouGov, Affinio, Quintly, Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Zignal, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics, Global Web Index, Statista, Forrester, Canvas8 and similar)
- Advanced understanding of data management practices (e.g., data governance, documentation, security, GDPR compliance, etc.)
- Collaborative attitude, strong work ethic and ability to thrive and excel in a challenging fast-paced environment
Job Locations US-NY-New York | US-TX-Dallas | US-DC-Washington, DC | US-CA-Los Angeles | US-CA-San Francisco
Position Function Research/Analytics
Job Classification Full Time