2022 D-Ford Summer Internship
Job Description & Qualifications:
Job Description & Qualifications
Within D-Ford, we have diverse teams that work cross-functionally to bring humanity to mobility. This upcoming summer, D-Ford is offering a variety of intern opportunities across craft roles and connector roles to build experience in:
- Human-centered design standard methodologies
- The latest approaches to understanding unmet user needs Ethnographic fundamentals applied to industry
- Prototyping new experiences with various mediums and fidelities and testing them with people
- Influencing and aligning internal and external partners
The D-Ford teams that will be welcoming interns are:
- Activation, Detroit Lab The activation team works to drive implementation of design projects into programs with Ford skill teams.
- Communication Design, Detroit Lab The communication design team uses storytelling, design systems, brand and tone to bring clarity to our work and increase its impact both within Ford and in the outside world.
- Interaction Design, Detroit Lab The interaction design team creates seamless experiences that are deeply rooted in user needs and bind together physical products, digital services and human interactions.
- Product Design, Detroit Lab The product design team brings possibilities to life using prototyping superpowers and designing all aspects of a solution, from branding to interface to copy.
- Prototype Design, Detroit Lab The prototyping team uses creative physical and digital mediums to prototype experience solutions and test what is desirable and feasible.
When preparing your application materials, please indicate which role(s) you are interested in.
- You are a design thinker at heart; open-minded, curious, exploratory, iterative and optimistic.
- You will work across teams, doing what is necessary to steward excellent outcomes
- You are able to see both the big picture and the small details, navigating the ambiguity of designing for complex, difficult problems.
- You are confident and comfortable in interdisciplinary teams where harmonious collaboration is imperative.
- Expected completion of a Bachelor's or Graduate degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Market Research, Experience Architecture, Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, Cultural Studies or Design) by May 2023
- Authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis (F-1/H-1 visa holders not considered)
- Working knowledge of human centered design processes and practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrate an ability to work with a project team to conceive, design, test, and develop new products and services.
- Approach problems with an exploratory attitude, asking "why" and "how" before deciding on "what" to build.
- Self-directed and self-motivated; a natural teammate, creative problem solver, and communicator. Ability to see the big picture, and at the same time be detail-oriented and delivery-focused.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-interns.pdf
Auto req ID:
Enterprise Product Line Management (EPLM)
Ford Motor Company