User Experience Researcher II
AZ - Phoenix, FL - St Petersburg, NM - Albuquerque, NY - Rochester, PA - Allentown, TN - Nashville, TX - Austin
At Paychex, a UX Researcher II's primary responsibility is to conduct research efforts and generate transformational insights that influence UX direction. In this role, you will cultivate partnerships with Product Owners and UX Design Leads, and provide ongoing feedback to user-driven design solutions that achieve project goals. You inspire insight-driven improvements at all stages of product development by collaborating with cross-functional teams and delivering compelling oral, written, and visual presentations about Paychex users.
- Plan and implement usability studies. Includes proficiency in developing a research plan, screening and recruiting participants, facilitating sessions, analyzing results and determining root cause of issues, and communicating results and recommendations.
- Partner with UX Designers and Product Managers to choose appropriate usability method(s) in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research plans.
- Plan and implement contextual inquiries, field studies and interviews to explore users' workflows, needs and motivations. Partner with Product Managers and UX Designers to review and analyze data, form insights and drive improvements in our products and digital experiences.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations
- Implement additional UX Research activities as needed, including surveys, focus groups, and usage analytics.
- Stay current with new research or testing methods; willing to innovate and try new methods. Explore and drive process improvements and best practices within the team.
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the user experience function
- Master's Degree in Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science - Required
- Ph.D. in Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction
Paychex is dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). Our valued employees and commitment to I&D is the essence of our internal and external success. Inclusivity is a key value of our corporate culture and is exemplified through our reputation as a top employer for employee development, diversity, and ethics, as well as a focus on fairness in recruitment, selection, and decision making.
Click here for more information on our corporate social responsibility.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.