The Department of Anthropology at the University of North Texas invites applications for a non-tenure-track lecturer (continuing) position in applied cultural anthropology for Fall 2022. The UNT Department of Anthropology is distinguished as part of a unique group of departments offering a Masters in applied anthropology, as well as an undergraduate BA. We emphasize the use of anthropology to solve problems and improve people’s lives in the following areas of focus:
- environmental and ecological anthropology;
- medical anthropology and public health;
- anthropology of education;
- business, technology, and design;
- migration and borders; and
- urban anthropology.
This position is 50% teaching and 50% administration/advising undergraduate students. Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- teach undergraduate anthropology courses, particularly in one of our focus areas. Other courses may be methodological, theoretical, or of a geographic area,
- our department has a strong tradition of online teaching, and the successful candidate must be willing to teach some distance education courses (in addition to face-to-face classes),
- be prepared to develop applied field and/or community-based class projects that educate students in anthropological praxis,
- serve as the Director of Undergraduate Programs and as the faculty advisor to undergraduate students, and
- serve on additional department, college, and university committees as workload permits.
Applicants must have a master’s in anthropology at the time of appointment. Candidates with a commitment to mentoring historically underrepresented racial and ethnic groups and/or first-generation college students are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit a letter of application describing their research interests and qualifications, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, a summary of teaching evaluations, a diversity statement (describe how you incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion into your research and teaching practices, and how you would contribute to the development of a diverse and inclusive learning community at UNT through teaching and service), and the names of three references with contact information.
Applicants must apply online at https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/53884.
Applications will be reviewed starting January 10, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
UNT is an AA/ADA/EOE