You will be part of the Advanced Concepts team at TTI floorcare to bring ideas to concepts! You will work in a cross-functional team composed of passionate Industrial Designers, engineers, and Product Marketing to solve challenging user needs and technical hurdles. The Senior Design Researcher will support various pre-development concept phases to inspire and influence key decision makers and validate next generation of floorcare experience.Duties And Responsibilities
- Design and execute multi-faceted research plans. These plans typically include qualitative discovery research in homes, primary and secondary research exercises to understand the competitive product set, and evaluation of mock-ups and preliminary concept prototypes in field.
- Build, grow, and maintain a network of users to understand their evolving needs. Establishing strong relationships with our end users is critical to conducting appropriate discovery research, co-creating solutions, and eliciting honest feedback.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings into key insights that inform opportunities for new features, functionalities, and business approaches.
- Plan and facilitate hands-on evaluations, team workshops, and analysis sessions. These participatory co-creation sessions result in a common ground of familiarity with products and their use, while inspiring creativity and collaboration within the team.
- Present research findings in an engaging and concise manner to key stakeholders across the business. You will need to communicate through well-crafted presentations and events that educate and inspire your team through photos, video, diagrams, storytelling and demonstrations.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- You are comfortable approaching potential research participants to introduce yourself and engage in observation and open-ended lines of questioning
- You are curious, not just about your research topic but also the company, your co-workers, and your process
- You are ready to jump in with both feet to try new methods and learn from your mistakes
- You are comfortable working in the ambiguous "fuzzy front end"
- You are proactive and open to changing research plans on the fly based on new information
- You have strong communication skills and can get your ideas across to engineers, industrial designers, and marketers alike
- You link everything back to our core end user's activities and needs to provide insight for developing breakthrough products
- You are a team player, focused on bringing the team along on the journey
- You have passion for the importance of user insights in the product development process and are ready to champion those insights
- You make non-obvious connections and revel in talking about ideas
- Master's degree plus a minimum of three years' experience in Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Business, or Engineering; or Bachelor's degree in the same fields plus five years' experience.
- Minimum 5+ year's experience in product development with an understanding of innovation and design thinking
- Minimum 5+ year's experience using qualitative research methods including observation, interviewing, and contextual inquiry
- Some domestic travel
- Upon an interview, must be prepared to present on a project and its methodology
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. This document is subject to change at any time and is not intended to be exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required by employees with this position title. The physical requirements described on the supplemental Occupational Worksheet are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request.