--COVID-19 Hiring Update--As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who We Are
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI' from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You'll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it! Type: Internship
Experience: Graduate Students
Who You Are
You're an aspiring HCI/UX researcher who has conducted novel user research/design projects in applied research/product settings, preferably published in top tier conferences, and are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems at the intersection of AI and HCI , working in a highly collaborative environment and directly contributing to products while advancing the state of the art. You are very creative, can work independently, and are an excellent collaborator and communicator.Responsibilities
- Perform research to advance the state of the art and solve specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW), Place-based/Digital Ethnography, Participatory Design (PD), Contextual User Interfaces, and/or Design of Information Systems (DIS).
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team on a specific project to be completed during the internship.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), exploring solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D. degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Information Science, Interaction Design, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology or related fields.
- Relevant work/project experience in an applied research setting, including but not limited to integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Preferably published in related fields of study ( CHI, CSCW, DIS, HFES or related HCI/design conferences or journals ).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set up HCI/UX research projects and demonstrate progress through principled use of qualitative or quantitative metrics.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.For US RESIDENTS ONLY (Excluding Texas And Montana)
As a federal contractor, Dataminr is subject to President Biden's Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring most, if not all, workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Because of this federal mandate, Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.