- Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Psychology, Anthropology, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in an applied research setting, consulting, or a similar role.
- Master's degree or PhD in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Psychology, Anthropology, or a related field.
- 10 years of experience conducting UX research on products and working with executive leadership.
- 7 years of experience managing projects, and working in a matrixed organization.
About the job
In this role, you will manage and oversee the work of UX researchers as part of a leadership team including designers, prototypers, and program managers. The studies will span all of Google's user types, and cover consumer market research, user research, and user testing.
Google Research is the advanced technology division responsible for inventing capabilities that affect the industry and help us better serve the needs of people around the world. Artificial Intelligence (AI) UX is a team of user experience experts focused on designs to advanced research and development efforts.
- Help set the direction for user research on innovation projects and plan their transition for real world impact.
- Mentor and guide experienced user researchers from different technical backgrounds.
- Create programs, trainings, and infrastructures to enable the UX research team to take on challenges.
- Advocate for Google's users at the executive level using data insights.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.