The Department of History, Anthropology, and Philosophy at the University of North Georgia (Gainesville Campus) seeks to hire a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Anthropology with a focus on North American Archaeology. We seek highly qualified candidates capable of teaching introductory, intermediate, and advanced courses in their area(s) of expertise, including a four-field introductory course. Candidates should demonstrate a deep commitment to undergraduate education with the ability to create inclusive learning environments for an increasingly diverse student body. The successful candidate will be able to teach an archaeological field school, preferably in the American Southeast. We are particularly interested in candidates who will involve undergraduate students in field and lab research. Scholars that can demonstrate experience in training students in community-engaged scholarship with descendant communities and/or applied projects are preferred.
Geographic, temporal, cultural, and topical specialization within North America is open; however, we are particularly interested in candidates who can integrate GIS and landscape archaeology within their research and teaching in order to best prepare students for careers utilizing those skills. Candidates whose research explores culture globally, not just in one particular context, are particularly encouraged to apply. The department seeks candidates whose research, teaching, and service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion in higher education and the local community.
- Review of applications will begin December 15, 2021 and continue until the position has been filled.
- 4/4 teaching load, including the Introduction to Anthropology survey and upper-division courses in area(s) of specialization.
- Holding office hours.
- Research and demonstrated ability to publish in their field.
- Advising all anthropology minors at the Gainesville campus.
- Developing new courses.
- Service to the Department, College, and University
- PhD in hand at time of appointment is required.
- Evidence of effective teaching, scholarly potential and commitment to service.
Required Documents to Attach
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts