Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our UX Research team is designing for the global diversity of human needs, which requires us to deeply understand the behaviors of the people behind them. Facebook Reality Labs UX researchers tackle some of the most complex challenges to gain deeper insights into how people interact with each other and the world around them, and work collaboratively to contribute new ideas to products that impact the experiences of billions of people on a global scale. We employ a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to accomplish our goals, including surveys, focus groups, field studies, usability tests, and 1:1 interviews. We value a diverse range of perspectives and stem from many different backgrounds - geographically, culturally, educationally, philosophically. We come from industry and academia, with roots in anthropology, design research, economics, HCI, human factors, market research, political science, sociology, social computing, and social psychology, among others. On the Facebook Reality Labs team, we are inventing the future. We are a team of Engineers, Designers and Researchers creating human-computer interaction products. As a Mixed Methods UX Researcher on the Facebook Reality Labs team, you will plan, execute, and evangelize user-focused research that contributes to the strategy, product definition, and design of AR/VR technologies and intelligent assistant voice-interfaces. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about product design, passionate about understanding people, curious about the relationship between technology and society, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, open-minded about learning new skills and methods, and focused on impacting the Facebook Reality Labs products and business.
1. Work closely with product and business teams to identify research topics
2. Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for the people who could use our products
3. Contribute to research team strategy within org
4. Work broadly across team to help identify trade-offs between short and long-term research goals and select right mix of projects to benefit team
5. Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
6. Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
7. Conduct research using a wide variety of methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
8. Collaborate closely with other UX researchers to leverage and build upon knowledge
9. Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
10. Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research
11. Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
12. Mentor other researchers, and maintain our team's high standard of work
13. Bachelor's degree in a human behavior related field, such as Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Communication, Information science, Media studies, Computer Science, or Economics
14. 4+ years' relevant experience within user experience, applied research setting and/or product research and development
15. Experience planning and executing complex research projects in a product group or business area, working across multiple projects simultaneously
16. Experience identifying, initiating, and leading projects of large scope that contribute to the greater research and product teams through mentoring, culture, subject matter, or research expertise
17. Experience building meaningful cross-functional relationships
18. Experience translating research findings into strategic narratives
19. Effective communication skills with experience presenting to diverse audiences
20. Master's degree in related field and 2+ years' relevant experience, or PhD in related field and 2+ years relevant experience
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.