At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
?At the EY Design Studio, our team of designers, researchers, technologists and strategists work together to create superior apps, websites and software. We approach projects with the insight and perspective that come with years of experience in user-centered design and development. We specialize in creating superior experiences that are supported by research, brand strategy, and a clear understanding of business and user needs.
To learn more about our Studio: https://studio.ey.com/
Aside from the world-class user experience design we deliver to leading companies, what makes us unique is our fun, transparent, highly entrepreneurial and collaborative culture. We work hard, play hard, and love what we do together. Day in and day out, we know we can count on one another.
Your Key Responsibitlies
The Senior Design Researcher brings curiosity, empathy, and interpretive skills to bear on all aspects of our design work. They will help us build digital products and experiences that reflect strategic research and insights to solve our clients' business challenges, from concept to implementation. Specifically, key responsibilities include:
- Helping to inform proposals and project scopes with recommended design research approaches together with business development, account, and project managers
- Conducting stakeholder interviews to inform project goals and outcomes
- Prioritizing research objectives, research methods, and users/personas with clients and UX team
- Crafting screeners and working with third-parties for participant recruitment
- Designing, planning, and leading primary user research, which includes creating research plans and discussion guides
- Facilitating research sessions in as neutral and natural way as possible (e.g., IDIs, contextual inquiry/ethnography, participatory design, concept testing, etc.)
- Translating research observations into meaningful insights and opportunities that will help frame design exploration
- Building user journey maps with client and/or UX team
- Generating detailed research reports or research briefs with documented findings and recommendations, including session footage and highlight reels
- Designing and facilitating immersive design thinking workshops with both internal and external project teams and collaborating with directors and leads to synthesize outputs
Skills and attributes for success
The Senior Design Researcher/Facilitator has a strong passion and natural aptitude for connecting with people of all walks of life to understand their goals, challenges and motivations. We're looking for an experienced facilitator and moderator for qualitative user research and executive workshops, with the uncanny ability to extract a wealth of information and insight from participants with excellent interviewing and interpersonal skills.
We're looking for a UX Researcher who can demonstrate competence in data-gathering and analysis techniques across qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g., usability testing, heuristic assessments, interviews, comparative/competitive analysis and observations, survey, co-design sessions). A team member who is passionate, results-oriented and a strong conceptual thinker. Someone who has experience managing client and project expectations and schedules.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A minimum of 2-3 years' work experience in design research and facilitation/moderation
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, sociology, anthropology, communication studies, human factors, human computer interaction or a related field preferred
- Excellent social and communication skills, particularly in moderation/facilitation and client presentation
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- The ability to travel outside of your assigned office
Ideally, you'll also have
- A passion for learning about the world, human behavior, and the motivations that lie beneath the surface to create solutions that fit into people's lives
- A high emotional intelligence and an ability to empathize with clients, co-workers, and users
- An ability to dig deep, turn information into insight and make the complex simple and digestible
- An ability to work in dynamic, often ambiguous conditions requiring rapid transitions
- An ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary groups
- Master's degree and/or experience working in the financial services industry and/or the professional services industry a plus
- Writing, publishing and conference-level presentation interest and experience
What we look for
- You want to be part of a team and work toward the team's success
- You can articulate your thought process; walk people through how you arrived at your thinking
- You have a sense of curiosity - you always ask questions and seek to understand how things work (i.e., learning new things is fun for you)
- You like to solve problems by trying but also asking for help
- You excel at deductive and inductive reasoning skills; ability to apply abstract thinking and recognize patterns
- Comfortable taking initiative, making decisions and getting things done, an ability to function and take orders while also making your own decisions
- You are excited to bring our team new ideas and thinking.
#FY22BusinessTransformation #FY22ExperienceDesign #FY22Design
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY's Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com .