This position has the responsibility of ensuring that Molina is in full compliance with all regulatory requirements related to cultural and linguistic services. This includes: the provision of interpreter and translation services; manage budgets; provide oversight of vendors; research and resolve all member complaints and grievances; support Medical Affairs with ensuring compliance relating to health literacy, readability of communications, and support with inter-rater reliability activities; preparation of required reports for regulatory agencies and internal committees; develop and conduct cultural competency trainings; conduct outcomes evaluations; identify and address health care disparities; participate in internal and external workgroups to promote cultural and linguistic services; and work across departments to improve health equity.
Focuses on process improvement, organizational change management, program management and other processes relative to providing language access services to members and cultural competency services to staff and providers, as well as improving health disparities for all.
- Manages planning and executing business programs. Serves as the subject matter expert in the functional area and leads programs to meet critical needs. Communicates and collaborates with customers to analyze and transform needs and goals into functional requirements. Ability to evaluate and/or negotiate contracts with language service vendors. Delivers the appropriate qualitative and quantitative analysis and reports as needed. Works with operational leaders within the business to provide recommendations on opportunities for process improvements. Creates business requirements documents, test plans, user training materials and other related documentations.
- Ability to work with relevant data and to quantify problems and results. Knowledge of relevant learning styles of diverse groups including adult learners and people with disabilities. Familiarity with concepts such as: Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) and issues relating to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Knowledge of disparities in healthcare relating to BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities
- Cultural content expertise to ensure that the organization is well informed on cultural and linguistic needs of its consumer base. Knowledge and experience with the Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) standards issued by the Department of Health and Human Services. Experience in applying CLAS standards to health plan operations and analyzing health plan cultural competency status. Knowledge of the concept cultural health beliefs on the role of culture in accessing health care, and on health care responses and health care decision making. Ability to identify cultural or linguistic barriers to accessing health care services and identifying health disparities within different populations. Have a firm understanding of the concept of health equity and how to apply it in a variety of settings. Ability to manage large datasets such as quality health indicators and analyze for health disparities. Experience with needs assessments, implementation of interventions in response to needs, and conducting health outcomes research. Experience with developing cultural competency curriculum and deliver trainings to a wide range of audiences including physicians, staff, and community organizations. Ability to work on research projects and write outcomes reports.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of Program and/or Project management experience.
- Operational Process Improvement experience.
- Healthcare experience.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience partnering with different levels of leadership across the organization.
Master of Public Health (MPH) Degree, Master in Cultural Anthropology, Sociology or related field
- 5-7 years of Program and/or Project management experience.
- Managed Care experience.
- Experience working in a cross functional highly matrixed organization.
Preferred License, Certification, Association
PMP, Six Sigma Green Belt, Six Sigma Black Belt Certification and/or comparable coursework desired.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.