At Abercrombie & Fitch, The User Experience Researcher is responsible for informing, supporting, and vetting the designs for our digitally-enabled experiences throughout the ecosystem of our global brands.
As part of A&Fs Experience and Digital Product Team, this collaborative team member will translate product strategies and designs into research questions, tests, and reports to create viable, desirable, and inclusive experiences supporting the full design process from concept to delivery.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
* Collaborating with cross-functional teams of designers, researchers, product managers, and developers to uncover and apply customer insights and usability best practices to digital products and services throughout the retail ecosystem (including mobile apps, web, voice, and social platforms).
* Designing, conducting, and reporting on formative and evaluative customer research in web and app experiences (current & prototype) using both unmoderated testing platforms and moderated in-person interviews. Apply understanding of different research methods and when to use them.
* Performing activities such as heuristic evaluations, secondary research, data mining and data analysis (Adobe Analytics experience a plus). Participate in design critiques to provide user-feedback and expert opinion.
* Translating research insights into actionable recommendations and direction to the team, creating final deliverables for presentation and archiving.
* Organizing and prioritizing while working on simultaneous projects of varied size and complexity.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BRING?
* Bachelors or masters degree with preferred areas of study in Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Digital Media, Human Factors, Cognitive Science, or related discipline.
* 1-3 years of industry research experience.
* Experience in planning, writing, conducting, analyzing and reporting on user studies for discovery and evaluation.
* Familiarity with a range of user research methods used to gather qualitative and quantitative data (contextual interviews, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, survey development, secondary research analysis, competitive analysis, etc.)
* Familiarity testing with prototypes (rough drafts and working prototypes).
* Deep understanding of heuristics for user interfaces and experience conducting heuristic evaluations.
* Analytical problem-solving skills, outstanding writing and presentation skills, inquisitive nature, and comfortable presenting to a group.
* Experience working with Sketch, InVision, UserZoom, Adobe Analytics, session-viewing platforms is a plus.
* Ability to work confidently in a highly collaborative and iterative design process that includes giving, accepting, and responding to feedback and constructive critique.