. Summary HII - Technical Solutions Division (HII-TSD) is currently seeking a Socio-Culture Analyst in Tampa, FL. United States Special Operations Command (HQ USSOCOM) Intelligence Directorate (J2) and Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOC) provide Social-Cultural Analysis and Analytical Support to the Headquarters, Components, TSOCs, and deployed Special Operations Forces (SOF) in order to inform USSOCOM leadership of complex analysis related to USSOCOM intelligence enterprise and in support of Geographical Combatant Commands (GCC). Provide Subject Matter Experts (SME) in SCA, All-Source (AS) analysis, and Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) to inform senior leaders, mission planners, and deployed Special Operations Forces (SOF) personnel on sociocultural, pattern analysis, and all-source intelligence in support of SOCOM and TSOC decision making, engagements, and missions. Perform SOF-specific strategic and operational multi-layered analysis in support of Intelligence Preparation of the Environment (IPE) and military and humanitarian missions in the Area of Operations (AOR); it also provides intelligence expertise on the operations and methodology of Violent Extremist Organizations (VEO), Transnational Criminal Organizations (TCO), Special Interest Aliens (SIA), state and non-state actors, Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD), and other emerging threats. What You Will Do * Provide a socio-cultural overview for Areas of Interest (AOI) and provide analysis of populations and their relationships with VEOs, TCOs, and local Governments.
* Provide atmospheric information outlining important historical events, leaders, group dynamics, attitudes, cultural norms, and values. Highlight major components of human society: economic, demographic, legal/regulatory, political/institutional, social/cultural/religious/ideological, and relevant geographic variables
* to the operational commander.
* Respond to Requests for Information (RFIs) through a variety of products such as Intelligence Studies, Desk Notes, PowerPoint briefings with associated textual analyses, and graphical representation of areas of interest; at various classification levels.
* Upload all supporting data, including geospatial files, spreadsheets, link analyses, social networking analyses, nodal analyses, and cited materials to the SOF Geospatial Enterprise (SGE) or User Defined Operational Picture (UDOP) upon completion.
* Identify and conduct analysis to illuminate behavior patterns of populations vulnerable to extremist ideology, to include attitudes and sentiment, the impact of adversary propaganda, and identification of strengths and weaknesses among groups and individuals within localized social networks Respond to socio-cultural taskings and fuse socio-cultural analysis with other intelligence/disciplines into comprehensive, finished intelligence products; provide atmospheric information outlining leaders, group dynamics, attitudes, cultural norms, and values.
* Provide products in accordance with Defense Intelligence Analysis Production (DIAP) 360G (sociocultural). * Contextualize the SCA variables in the Courses of Actions (COA) recommended to the decision-maker What We Are Looking For * 5 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 9 years relevant experience.
* 5 years' SCA experience
* 5 years experience with social/cultural studies (e.g. anthropology, sociology, political science, etc.) or development economics.
* 5 years' IC or DOD intelligence experience with analysis, reporting, and briefing in DOD settings
* 2 years experience working in a multi-skilled team environment collaborating on the production of intelligence analysis
* Intermediate level certification on ArcGIS, analysts have the working knowledge and skills necessary to process GIS data and conduct spatial analysis, suitability analysis and create maps.
* 3 years experience using Anthro Mapper
* Must have valid US Passport
* Clearance: Must possess and maintain a Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
* A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment. Preferred: Bonus Points For... * 10 years' SCA experience
* Graduate-level degree (MA/MS) in a social science discipline or 5+ years on a PAS or HQ SCA team.
* 8 years' experience with social/cultural studies (e.g. anthropology, sociology, political science, etc.) or development economics.
* 8 years' IC or DOD intelligence experience with analysis, reporting and briefing in DOD settings Building on a legacy of more than a century of naval shipbuilding, Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries provides mission-critical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide. Comprising nearly 6,000 professionals in 45 states and 16 countries, our unique national security services portfolio includes unmanned systems, defense and federal solutions, and nuclear and environmental services. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com. Huntington Ingalls Industries is America's largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII's Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII's Technical Solutions division supports national security missions around the globe with unmanned systems, nuclear and environmental services, and defense and federal solutions. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. For more information, visit: www.huntingtoningalls.com . A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment. Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.