Req ID 2015
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That's why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Technical Editor for our Morristown, NJ, office. The following locations will also be considered: Lawrenceville, NJ and Newark, NJ . Be involved in projects with our Heritage Resources national practice and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
- In-depth substantive editing of a wide range of cultural resource documents: archaeological and architectural surveys, historic contexts, HABS/HAER documentation, and more
- Formatting and coordinating the production of technical reports
- Working with archaeologists, architectural historians, other editors, and graphic artists to produce polished, high-quality documents and meet client schedules
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in substantive editing
- Advanced Microsoft Word 2016 (Windows 10) skills
- Adobe skills
- Experience working with style guides
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills and a good ear for language
- Ability to work with authors and graphics staff under tight deadlines
- Must be able to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety, and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Some background in history, anthropology helpful but not required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit anaccommodation request (https://wspushr.formstack.com/forms/reasonable\accommodation\log) to WSP's Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html .
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 1-3 years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: MORRISTOWN - MT KEMBLE AVE
- All locations: US-NJ-Lawrenceville, US-NJ-Morris Township, US-NJ-Newark
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.