Our Environmental Interns are responsible for performing tasks requiring the application of standard environmental techniques and procedures. Responsibilities include assisting with environmental site assessments, field studies, development of soil and groundwater sampling plans, data analysis, GIS analysis, site remediation, and preparation of environmental reports, permits, and assessments.
Opportunities exist in multiple market segments and locations. Market segments include Air/Noise, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, and Wetlands. Specific assignments and project work vary depending on the market segments and locations.
- Assist with tasks that may include filing, scanning, data entry, documentation, Power Point presentation.
- Assist with responses to general questions.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts by collecting and analyzing data.
- Present solutions to concerns.
- Research solutions to project concerns; analyze and recommend solutions to problems.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree in anthropology/archeology or a related field from an accredited program with at least one year of post-secondary education.
- Currently enrolled, and in good standing, in a post-secondary education and/or technical certificate program in a field related to the work done in the department.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Primary Location US-TX-Houston
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 213250