estimated 8 monthsQualifications:
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users engage with novel products
- Collect and analyze user behavior via quantitative methods, benchmark studies, lab studies and
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers and research managers to prioritize research
opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods,
including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
- The ability operate in a very fast-paced environment.
- A deep desire to apply design toward expanding what's possible and improving the
world.Key areas of responsibility (training provided)
- Sets up and operates user research lab equipment
- Assist with user testing preparation activities
- Assist with data collection activities from a variety of research methods
- Observe usability testing sessions, taking notes, reporting out and providing detailed transcripts for
the team on a weekly cadence
- Moderate studies
- Executes planned experiments in a repeatable manner
- Conducts experiments in the lab
- Conducts experiments in the field
- Provide suggestions to improve current best practices
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Travel is expected (within the country and possibly internationally)
B.S or graduate degree in HCI, psychology, anthropology, human factors or other relevant field