About the role
At RBC our designers put strategy, research, design principles, and technical innovation at the centre of everything we do. We are a leader when it comes to exceptional digital experiences in the financial space and our focus on our users is an integral part of this success. Our UX researchers channel the voice of our users to help our team build empathetic, intuitive and delightful experiences.
As a member of our team, you'll work with a cross-functional group of designers, product managers and developers. Embedded in a product, journey or channel, you will identify upcoming decisions that need research inputs, propose methodologies, carry out fieldwork, analyse, and socialize the implications.
We believe that research is not to be a silo or a black box that outputs 'insights', if you believe this as well, we can achieve this together by working closely with the rest of the team to ensure they are participating along each step of the way.
Along with full-time opportunites, if you are looking for flexibly, we are open to hiring you as a contractor on a 12-month basis that can be extended to 24-months.What you would work on
What do you need to succeed?
- Design research and strategy
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within and outside of the design team
- Research and Testing (Execution, Synthesis, Analysis)
- Develop research activities to evaluate prototypes, improve understanding of current context, or to generate new understanding of changing user needs
- Moderate live sessions with users and RBC people covering high-complexity or sensitive topics
- Communicate core themes and implications from your research activities to the design team and other stakeholders
What's in it for you
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Information Studies, Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in design research
- Technical and working knowledge of design research theory, design research tools and methodologies
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with developers and project managers
- Experience contributing to the launch of a digital product within an agile environment
- You'll find yourself in a culture where designers feel included, valued, and heard; in a supportive environment surrounded by peers who exceed in their area of expertise
- You'll work on solutions used by millions of people and contribute to a company that truly values customer experience and remains a Global Digital leader
- You'll be part of team that's pushing the boundaries of digital product design as we strive to improve the lives of the people and communities we serve
- You'll help to shape Design Research as a practice at RBC and, by example, with your peers around the globe