External DescriptionPOSITION OVERVIEW
- The position is through the Pocono Mountain Center office in Stroudsburg.
- Family Based Mental Health Services is a team delivered, in-home service, serving Carbon, Monroe and Pike Counties, that provides intensive treatment services to families with children with mental health diagnoses or who are at risk of out of home placement or returning home from placement.
- Family Based Case Manager (FBCM) works as one half of a team which provides treatment services to families including therapy and counseling to client and family members.
- FBCM helps with skills training and education designed to enable families to care for their children with mental health diagnoses in their home.
- FBCM works flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, in order to meet the needs of children and families on their caseload.
- FBCM travels to client homes, other agencies and community resources for the purpose of arranging and providing community and home-based services.
- FBCM completes necessary documentation for each case which complies with the standards set by Merakey, County MH/MR, Managed Care, The State Office of Mental Health and other licensing/regulator organizations.
- Shares rotating emergency on-call crisis intervention responsibilities
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
The work of Merakey is anchored in the firm belief that it is every individual's right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment in their lives. Surrounding professional staff with the best in technology and supports, Merakey is a leader in the industry and remains committed to helping people...one individual at a time.Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Must possess a Bachelors' degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Nursing, Rehabilitation, Pre-Med, Theology, or Anthropology.
- Must possess one year of experience in a CASSP system.
- Experience providing case management services is preferred.
- Must possess a valid PA Driver's License and access to reliable transportation