*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
* The Pro Football Hall of Fame, located in Canton, Ohio, the birthplace of the National Football League, is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with the Mission to "Honor the Heroes of the Game, Preserve its History, Promote its Values & Celebrate Excellence EVERYWHERE."
* This internship position is open to any student who is a rising junior or senior working toward an undergraduate degree or a graduate-level student.
* The Hall's Museum Collections seeks an intern to assist with day-to-day responsibilities of the overall department.
* Commitment of approximately 40 hours per week with extended hours leading up to and during the annual Enshrinement Powered by Johnson Controls.
* The intern will work under the supervision of the Curatorial Assistant.
* The Collections Intern will be given an introduction into the history of professional football and the internal collections care practices of the Museum.
* Assist staff in research projects and collections care of artifacts and archival materials both in storage and on exhibit.
* Assist Museum Services Team in the installation and maintenance of new exhibits and displays at the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
* Assist with accessioning of all new donations and assist in tracking all artifact movements and condition changes
* Assist with legal documentation and condition reporting for historic artifacts including incoming and outgoing loans.
* Majoring in history, anthropology, American studies, museum studies or related field.
* Must have a basic knowledge of the National Football League and its history. In addition, the candidate must be willing to familiarize himself/herself with current events of the sport. This knowledge will make him/her better able to perform all duties of the internship.
* Attention to detail, well organized, positive attitude and self-motivated.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Adobe Suite preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.