Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
When it comes to environmental consulting, we're helping our clients protect our world's cultural resources. As an on-call Archaeologist you'll have the opportunity to support our fast paced, client centric projects throughout California, and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
Based out of one our California office, you'll be working throughout California to provide support exciting energy, transportation, DoD, and infrastructure projects. You will serve as a key team member conducting archaeological surveys, testing, monitoring, completing records searches, preparing technical memorandums and site records, and coordinating environmental compliance for projects. Project work will be approximately 75-90% in the field with the remainder of the time being based out of your home office. We are looking for Archaeologists throughout the state, with a particular focus in the Bay Area, Redding, Fresno, and Mojave Desert areas. This position requires strong communication skills (written and verbal). This will be a contract a 9 month with possible extension.
Bring your enthusiasm for learning and we'll help you grow!
Here's What You'll Need:
• Bachelor's Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, History, or similar discipline with archaeological emphasis
• Completion of archaeological field school or extensive past participation in archaeological surveys and monitoring
• Progressively responsible work history as an archaeologist
• Ability to travel or be in the field for up to 90% of the time and occasional work in rough terrain and challenging weather conditions.
• Work will include 10-12 hour days on a regular basis and projects that require overnight lodging or driving long distances.
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• Master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, History, or similar discipline with archaeological emphasis
• OSHA 40-hr HazWoper and OSHA 10-hr Construction Safety Training.
• Experience conducting preconstruction surveys and monitoring compliance with applicable State and federal laws, regulations, and management policies and project-specific permit conditions
• Ability to foster relationships with project teams
• Experience working with Naitve American tribes and monitors.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects, while still engaging in regular field work and compliance monitoring
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws [https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf] and supplemental language [https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf].
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.