Shopping on Search - Make Google Search a helpful part of every shopping journey. TVC will spend 100% of the time assisting across Shopper Panel management, xShS work streams, and feature support on multiple usability studies
Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users engage with novel products and experiences. Collect and analyze user behavior via quantitative methods, benchmark studies, lab studies and surveys. Work with designers, product managers, engineers and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research. Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
* strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
* Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
* Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
* The ability to operate in a very fast-paced environment. A deep desire to apply design toward expanding what's possible and improving the world.
Mandatory Mandatory Skills/Qualifications:
* BA/BS degree in Anthropology, HCI/Computer Science, Human Factors, Psychology, or other related fields, or equivalent practical experience.
* Total years experience in what industry, discipline or responsibility : 3+ years of work experience as a UX Researcher or Research Assistant Experience conducting live and remote semi-structured interviews and usability studies.
* Skills or processes candidates must have to be considered for role : -Usability Research- Experience conducting live and remote semi-structured interviews and usability studies.
* -Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
* -Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
* -Detail oriented and ability to work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects.
* -Be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
* -strong oral and written communication skills
* -Experience in tech companies
* Specific Tools or Applications experience (ex. Google Apps, Salesforce CRM, etc) Google Apps and Suite of Tools (Sheets, Slides, Docs, GVC, etc.) Certification or license (ex. CPA, PMP, Cisco) N/a
Desired Non-Essential Skills/Qualifications:
* M.S./M.A. or Ph.D. in a related field combined with 2+ years of relevant work experience
* Experience in survey design with a working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
* strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different qualitative and quantitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
* Experience with end-to-end services and e-commerce shopping platforms
* Survey Research- Experience conducting survey-based research
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 52 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
* Observe and run usability testing sessions and interviews, taking notes during sessions
* Analyze qualitative & quantitative data, interpret and present research findings to audiences at all levels
* Create compelling story-driven reports that highlight the findings (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.)
* Experience level:
* Education: Bachelors
* Research & Development
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.