Education Services CoordinatorDepartment:
Education ServicesReports to:
Director of Education ServicesSupervision of:
Not ApplicableNATURE AND SCOPE:
The Education Services Coordinator works collaboratively with all members of the museum team to effectively organize, communicate, and execute internal and external education programming. The role interfaces regularly with educators, students, and the general public to schedule activities, process payments, and initiate programs. The Education Services Coordinator works closely with the Facilities department to provide clear direction for proper event setup and oversight and works closely with the Special Events Manager to ensure consistency in planning and communication of education events. The coordinator also provides direction, technical assistance and support to relevant staff, volunteers and docents in the effective execution of the museum's education programming.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the primary liaison to external customers, coordinate reservations and registration for all education initiatives.
- Work closely with the Business Manager and use museum software to handle payment processing and customer invoicing.
- Maintain an all-inclusive, 12-month rolling calendar for internal and external education programming, communicate to all involved employees, and serve as the primary source of information for museum education programs.
- Welcome, check in, and orient groups and visitors to the museum. May be required to facilitate education programming as needed.
- Maintain and update all relevant reports for the Education Services department including revenue goals, expenses, attendance, and scheduling.
- Coordinate with and inform all relevant staff and volunteers of upcoming events and special requirements, to ensure an environment of "no surprises" both for the guest experience as well as museum staff. This includes developing an internal timeline for education events to ensure all program details are planned and executed, working with the Special Events Manager and Customer Experience department regarding rental and event spaces.
- Work with the Director of Education Services in establishing annual departmental goals and is responsible for the execution of those goals.
- Support the museum's overall strategies and operational activities within the Education Services division.
- Participate in all mandatory training and safety programs required and provided by the museum.
- Responsible for department and program budgets as approved by the Board of Directors of the museum for all areas of responsibility.
- 1-3 years of customer service or related experience desired.
- Bachelor's degree in education, public relations, communications, public administration, public history, history, art history, anthropology, sociology, museum studies or related field. Related work experience will be considered.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and self-manage work flow for efficient operations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of Altru or other POS system is preferred.
- Full-time exempt position scheduled to work Monday through Friday and as needed to facilitate programming and events.
- Routine periods of sitting, standing, and walking are required.
- Must be able to climb ladders, lift up to 40 pounds, go up and down stairs, and sit or stand for extended periods.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location