Who You Are:
You're a researcher with a strong understanding of qualitative research methodologies. You know when to engage with teams across Design, Product, Data Science, Engineering, what questions to ask, where to probe, and how to design and implement the most effective research strategies. You thrive in a rapidly changing environment, prioritizing appropriately, managing multiple projects and expectations, and delivering actionable research findings and recommendations. You're passionate about Twitter and believe great experiences are always inspired by a deep understanding of the customer. You also have a passion for understanding the needs of writers and publishers who create long-form content and look to generate revenue to support their work.
- Work with Design, Engineering, Product, Data Science, and other cross functional teams to conduct UX studies on new product features and concepts.
- Partner with product teams to identify where we should evaluate ideas, concepts, and existing experiences, and assist the team in making critical design decisions affecting the user experience.
- Develop a strategic research vision and roadmap for each product workstream as well as the appropriate research approach, schedule, and detailed plan for each project.
- Plan, moderate qualitative research sessions to better understand customer expectations, behaviors and needs.
- Deliver timely and tangible findings and prioritized recommendations to partners.
- Balance company goals with customer needs.
- Help product teams more deeply understand our customers.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Communications, or a related field.
- 3+ years experience conducting in-person moderated and remote UX research.
- Experience with a variety of UX research tools and methods (in-person and remote usability studies, unmoderated studies, design sprints), and involvement in running a variety of tests.
- Ability to create a strategic research roadmap with detailed plans for how the schedule of research will be executed.
- Ability to produce deliverables that are well-written and contain helpful information, providing solid and actionable recommendations.
- Ability to synthesize lots of information and distill it into meaningful data.
- Creative thinker with strong people interaction and facilitation skills.
- Solid organization, project management and planning skills.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Should be self-directed with effective time management skills.
- Proven ability and desire to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
- Comfortable interviewing and observing people in the field or in a lab environment.
- Capable of executing UX studies with small sample sizes (6-8 participants) in 1 week.
- Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance and independently managing deadlines.
- Exhibit strong problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to make sound recommendations and decisions based on observed user behavior and prior experience.
- Experience working directly with Design, Engineering, and Product teams.
Twitter is what's happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, lifes not about a job, its about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together well do whats right (not whats easy) to serve the public conversation.
In order to better facilitate the public conversation, we are seeking a Researcher to be a part of our team thats building amazing experiences for creators on our platform. Our research helps inspire, design, and build the products that fuel Twitters mission to give everyone, especially creators, the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. Research has a direct impact on product strategy, roadmaps, and the detailed design of new experiences that help users stay up to date with what matters most to them and connect to others with shared interests. We are part of a larger design and research team that is full of amazingly talented and fun people who are passionate about Twitter's ability to help people see beyond themselves and connect with the larger world in a meaningful way.Additional Information
Here's all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.