Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.About the Team
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Want to help us transform how people work and help define our research and design strategy? Join our Analytics UX team and be part of setting the experience vision for Workday's Prism Analytics product.About the Role
As a Senior Researcher you will have the opportunity to use several research methods to influence strategic priorities and to influence product and design decisions. Your focus will be on both big and small initiatives as well as long and near-term decisions. You will be empowered to own and craft a research roadmap, working closely with product, design, and other key leaders to ensure research efforts are aligned with priorities.
Our ideal candidate is well versed in a variety of research methods and has a strong skill for connecting research insights to business and product solutions. We are looking for a researcher with a mixed-methods research background and a proven record of defining research strategies and delivering on high quality, impactful insights.
Building and maintaining strong, purposeful relationships with design, product, engineering, and research partners is crucial. If you enjoy working with ambiguous problems and finding creative and rigorous research solutions, this is the role for you.Areas of Responsibilities include:
About YouBasic Qualifications Include:
- Identify key research questions and objectives in partnership with product, design, and development teams
- Design and execute research studies using appropriate research methods for the project, timelines, and business needs, using research methods that span from usability to co-creation workshops to ethnography
- Conduct surveys, secondary survey analysis, such as in-app and external surveys, and feature prioritization surveys (i.e. MaxDiff, Conjoint, Kano) I
- Design and conduct quantitative research, create models to understand user characteristics (i.e. hypothesis testing, simple statistics, and produce comprehensive research reporting)
- Analyze data and findings to define actionable insights for both short-term and long-term product development
- Plan and deliver research programs within budget, timeline and project requirements
- Socialize, collaborate, and present research work and findings to multiple teams and leaders, across the organization
- Ability to visualize and present research data simply and clearly to diverse audiences
- A minimum of a Bachelors with 5+ years professional experience conducting research. And/or a Masters/PhD degree in anthropology, sociology, psychology, human-computer interaction, social sciences (or other related field), or equivalent experience
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of evaluative, generative, quantitative and secondary research methods, and advanced expertise in at least one research methodology
- A deep familiarity with the product development process
- A working knowledge of common statistical predictive models such as, OLS, MLE, Causal Inference and you are comfortable working alongside data scientist to generate results
- Experience analyzing moderately large data using tools like Stata, R, spreadsheets, and SQL
- Excellent collaborator, at ease partnering with other researchers, designers, product managers and developers
- Have experience creating educational content and/or teaching in your area of expertise
- Direct experience and understanding of HR or FIN products and services or general analytics (e.g. BI or Data Management ETL)
- Direct experience conducting research for B2B/enterprise products
- Fascinated with the latest technologies and design research methods
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!
- Location: USA, CA, Pleasanton; USA, WA, Seattle; USA, CA, Palo Alto; USA, CA, San Mateo; Canada, BC, Vancouver; USA, CO, Boulder; USA, CA, San Francisco; USA, CO, Denver
- Type: Full Time