Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World Socio-Cultural Analysis (SCA) Analyst PAE is looking to expand its diverse team to support the United States Special Operations Command's (USSOCOM) Intelligence Directorate (J2) and select Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs) and deployed Special Operations Forces (SOF). Support will focus on providing Subject Matter Experts (SME) in Socio-Cultural Analysis (SCA), All-Source (AS) analysis, CYBER, Information Operations, and Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) to inform senior leaders, mission planners, and deployed Special Operations Forces (SOF) personnel on socio-cultural, pattern analysis, CYBER, Information Operations and all-source intelligence. Individuals selected will perform SOF-specific strategic and operational multi-layered intelligence analysis in support of AOR specific Intelligence Preparation of the Environment (IPE), Violent Extremist Organization (VEO) operations / methodology, Transnational Criminal Organizations (TCOs), state and nonstate actors, Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD), Gray Zone competition and other emerging threats. Job Duties: * Provide socio-cultural overview for specified Areas of Interest (AOI) and provide detailed analysis of populations and their relationships with VEOs, TCOs and local Governments.
* Research, analyze, and prepare analytical products encompassing the cultural, social, religious, and ideological beliefs of leaders and groups, as well as assess the attitudes, cultural norms, and values of local populations in support of tactical and operational needs for mission planning and execution.
* Respond to Requests for Information (RFIs) through a variety of products such as Intelligence Studies, Desk Notes, PowerPoint briefings with associated textual analyses and graphical representation of areas of interest, at various classification levels.
* Conduct tactical, operational, and strategic analysis to identify moderate populations capable and willing to counter extremist ideology.
* Analyze the socio-cultural factors making local populations vulnerable to extremists and their radical messaging as well as to threat entities involved in illicit activity.
* Analyze the socio-cultural factors which favor extremists and other threat actors/entities.
* Identify exploitable operational opportunities within the socio-cultural fabric of an AOI tailored for use within an asymmetric environment.
* Identify and conduct analysis to illuminate behavior patterns of populations vulnerable to extremist ideology, to include attitudes and sentiment, impact of adversary propaganda, and identification of strengths and weaknesses among groups and individuals within localized social networks.
* Respond to socio-cultural taskings and fuse socio-cultural analysis with other intelligence/disciplines into comprehensive, finished intelligence products.
* Synthesize detailed atmospherics information (e.g., cultural/social leaders, group dynamics, assessments of the attitudes, cultural norms, values of the local populace, etc...) to provide intelligence assessments in support of operational planning based on specific requirements.
* Attend conferences, workshops, and meetings in support of the Command's objectives.
* Travel with the Commander and/or designated staff to countries in the AOR to provide real-time cultural intelligence (norms, customs, and values), assist with cross-cultural idiosyncrasies, and facilitate interactions and engagement with senior partner nation officials and representatives.
* Upon request, brief SOCOM/TSOC leadership, staff, visitors, and SOF on socio-cultural matters. Requirements: * 10 years' SCA experience
* Bachelor's degree (BS) in a social science discipline or 5+ years on a PAS or HQ SCA team.
* 8 years' experience with social/cultural studies (e.g., anthropology, sociology, political science, etc.) or development economics.
* 8 years' IC or DOD intelligence experience with analysis, reporting and briefing in DOD settings
* 2 years' experience working in a multi-skilled team environment collaborating on the production of intelligence analysis
* Intermediate level certification on ArcGIS, analysts have a working knowledge and skills necessary to process GIS data and conduct spatial analysis, suitability analysis and create maps.
* 3 years' experience using Anthro Mapper
* Must have the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph
* Must have valid US Passport PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law Poster EEO is the Law Poster Supplement