The Charles Schwab Digital Services User Experience team is a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, researchers and content strategists. We work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class digital experiences for our users.
Our business is driven by looking through our clients' eyes, which makes it a dream place to work as a user experience researcher. Our company motto supports user advocacy. Our purpose is designing tools and experiences that enable users to achieve their financial goals.
This position is responsible for:
- Set expectations with the project teams and prioritize activities.
- Create and maintain research schedules.
- Communicate status and agreements with project team.
- Review work with UX managers, keep them updated on project status and escalate items appropriately.
- Teamwork, Collaboration and Engagement
- Works well with all partners to deliver work.
- Support UX team members.
- Strategically listen to feedback and help guide the delivery
- Collaborative and cooperative.
- Has a research position but is not rigidly fixed when presented with new information
- Passionate about team, our mission and the needs of our partners and users.
- Enthusiastic about UX design.
- Empathy & Curiosity
- Understands and advocates user needs, walking in their shoes when possible.
- Focus on innovation and improvement.
- Regularly learns more about design theory, practice, and tools.
- You will support an engaged set of users who rely on our products to manage their financial lives.
- By researching and understanding the user needs you will be able to impact how our users do business with Schwab.
- You will learn how balance functionality against complexity on a highly visible platform which serves millions of advisors and retail customers.
- You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment.
- 6 + years of experience in user experience or a related field.
- Advanced degree in applied psychology, experimental psychology, human factors psychology or engineering, human computer interaction, anthropology, sociology or similar people-science-related discipline.
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and an Agile development methodology.
- Experimental and innovative mindset.
- Ability to communicate complex messages and trade-offs and tell a compelling story.
Strong self-management skills, comfortable with substantial responsibility, working directly with our client partners, and capable of managing your project schedules. Proficient in research tools such as UserZoom, dscout, and 1:1 moderated methods.Experience running research sessions with cross-functional teams.Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types.Comfort in a project-oriented work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic.
"Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees."