Lowe's Summer Internship Program Overview
Lowe's 2022 Summer Internship Program offers a challenging, project-based opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to enhance their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE ® 50 company. The internship will provide broad learning, experience, organizational knowledge, and business acumen. We are looking for:
- students driven by potential
- dynamic individuals who are as inspiring as they are capable of being inspired
- sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and able to recognize and embrace new opportunities
- great collaborators who understand the power of "we
- people who push the boundaries of what's possible
The summer internship program begins with orientation on May 31st and concludes on August 5th. All internships are paid opportunities. This role has potential for conversion into a full-time position for those that successfully complete their internship and required education. And qualified interns will be eligible for Lowe's housing benefit.
User Experience Design Intern
UX and Interaction Design teams work to continually enhance Lowe's customer experience. These teams spend each day researching and optimizing the ways customers find, engage with, and utilize Lowe's products and services. The User Experience Design Internship is intended to provide undergraduate students an opportunity to learn and grow through project work while immediately contributing and adding value to an enterprise-caliber engineering team. User Experience Interns may support eCommerce, Stores Tech, or Supply Chain Tech teams.
As an intern you could expect to participate in research or design projects and activities including but not limited to:
- Partnering closely with Architects, Designers, Prototypes, and Content Developers to support the research and design processes.
- Conducting research, testing, and feedback functions for Lowe's customers and associates
- Completing competitive analysis, service flow diagrams, interviews, usability testing, and benchmarking to improve products.
- Designing, facilitating, and executing basis testing and research methods across various platforms.
- Participating in architecting and designing high-quality and engaging experiences for Lowe's customers and associates.
- Utilizing best practices to build user flows, wireframes, and design comps and low-fidelity prototypes
- Utilizing a variety of architecture, UI design, and graphic design skills to meet business needs.
Education and/or Experience
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Anthropology, or related with an expected graduation date of December 2022 or May 2023
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA or equivalent is required
- Basic understanding of research and consumer behavior or design system theory and execution
- Basic understanding/knowledge around Sketch or design tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, or related
- Relevant project or internship experience running small usability studies or design is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Programs (specifically Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Strong collaborative, innovative, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills are required
- Relevant internship and experience is a plus, as is experience in a leadership position at work or within a campus organization
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.