Ready to collaborate on complex problems and design innovative experiences on a huge scale? Our multidisciplinary Design Technology team drives next-level, human-centered solutions across AT&T.
About Design Technology:
We're designers, researchers, technologists, design program managers, and content strategists with wildly different backgrounds, skillsets, and passions. We're humans first and employees second. We're focused, empathetic, and dedicated to making things better for the over 100 million families and 3 million businesses who connect to the world with AT&T.
We're Design Technology. And if you're ready to bring your humanity and your A-game to help us solve some of the gnarliest problems in design, we want you to join us.
Learn more about AT&T Design Technology (https://life.att.jobs/a-look-at-our-design-team-article/) .
As a Senior Lead UX Researcher, you will:
- Plan, execute and mentor junior members on qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Provide creative thought leadership by defining innovative solutions that solve complex business issues and provide great experiences for customers.
- Use storytelling, journey maps, storyboards, and prototypes to convey the vision, flow, and features of products being created.
- Collaborate with fellow UX designers, researchers, and other team members to generate ideas and get feedback on your ideas and work products.
- Successfully work with developers, project managers, and other internal teams to ensure accountability and move your solutions into production.
- Work on several projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business objectives and how to balance them with design and user needs.#Design Technology
- Typically requires 8-10 years of experience leading strategic planning and design delivery projects.
- MS or PhD in a human behavior-related field (e.g., Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics) or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience with applied qualitative and quantitative research methods including generative, formative, and evaluative methods. Example methods include contextual inquiry, cognitive walkthroughs, ethnographic research, usability testing, card sorting, experimental design, A/B Testing, Parametric/Non-parametric statistical tests, and persona/archetype development. Knowledge and/or experience in data analytics and machine learning are a plus!
- Knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following is a plus: service design, design thinking methods and workshop facilitation, prototyping, and quantitative research methods.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit + Collaborative Drive: You're excited to help us build the culture of our new team, a self-starter who is comfortable being proactive and you're eager to work with your teammates to make your designs better.
- Critical Thinker with a Product Mindset: You're great at wrangling complex problems and finding clarity and simplicity. You think strategically about any design challenge and seek to create holistic, compelling products that serve the end user.
- Empathetic + Fun: You're well-versed in user-centered methodologies and design thinking. You design for consumer needs first and foremost. Oh, and you're great fun to work with.
- Communication Skills: You have excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills. You're able to tell compelling stories about your work to partners and team members.
At AT&T, we encourage people to bring their authentic selves to work every day. Every individual is valued and every voice is heard. We strive to foster a sense of empowerment in our diverse workplace.
We're one of Time (https://time.com/collection/time100-companies/5953671/att/) magazine's "Most Influential Companies," LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/top-companies-2021-50-best-workplaces-grow-your-career-us-/?published=t) 's "Top Companies," and DiversityInc's (https://www.diversityinc.com/diversityinc-announces-the-2021-top-50-companies-for-diversity-list/) "Top 50 Companies for Diversity."
Learn more about About AT&T (https://about.att.com/pages/corporate_profile) and our Diversity & Inclusion (https://about.att.com/pages/diversity) .
The Design Technology studios are in Austin and Dallas, TX, with remote work possible.
Application Requirements and Instructions
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
We expect employees to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status.