Lowe's Technology organization believes that in-person collaboration is highly effective and helps build relationships and strengthens our culture. As such, we are leveraging an Open Office approach in how we work, meaning our tech associates will leverage time in the office to focus on highly collaborative activities as well as some remote / work from home time for autonomous endeavors. Each role has different business-driven collaboration needs that will require in-office presence.
The Senior Product Researcher establishes the methodology and sets the tactical direction for all usability testing and research associated with assigned projects. This includes partnering closely with Architects, Designers, Prototypes, and Content Developers to deliver quality and timely research results and information to project teams in support of the design process. This role also manages the recruitment of research participants as well as key relationships with research vendors.
To be successful, the Senior Product Researcher must be an expert in usability, testing, facilitation, persona development, and research methods. This role must also work cross-functionally, fostering relationships with key partners at all levels across the enterprise.
- Leads and conducts various research, testing and feedback functions for Lowe's customers and associates; this includes leading the analysis and presentation of customer data and testing results
- Understands how a product works and the various touchpoints
- Completes competitive analysis, service flow diagrams, interviews, usability testing and benchmarking to improve products
- Stays current on best practice research techniques, and looks for opportunities to incorporate into the work of the product research team
- Leads multiple projects across multiple platforms/suite of products
- Provides direction and feedback to peer Usability & Researchers
- Designs, facilitates, and executes advance testing and research methods across various platforms, including B2B/B2C web and native application experiences
- Manages recruitment of participants as well as key relationships with research vendors
- Works cross-functionally across Lowe's technology, as well as across the enterprise, ensuring key relationships are fostered across our Omni-channel partners
- Engages with cross-functional design counterparts to understand the needs to inform the design of research studies
- Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 5 years of experience in UX Research or Product Management
- Experience running large-scale usability and research studies
- Bachelor's degree in Experimental or Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, or related field
- Experience working in a product design function
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia (https://twitter.com/LowesMedia) on Twitter.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.