This role can be performed remotely anywhere within the United States and Canada.
Our mission at FullStory is to rid the world of utterly regrettable product experiences. A crucial byproduct of that mission is to imbue our customers with a deeper empathy for the people that experience their products and services. FullStory is seeking a Head of User Experience Research to build a research practice and team and elevate user research across the business. Along the way, our Head of User Experience Research will be accountable for delivering breakthrough insights that build empathy and clarity, and impact product strategy.
Research is intrinsic to FullStory's DNA, and we're looking to make a deeper investment in the human practice of it. As the Head of User Experience Research at FullStory, you will have the opportunity to build a research practice and team from the ground up. Reporting to the Head of Product Design, you will be a key participant in every aspect of our intensely collaborative product development process. That means you'll work closely with Product, Design and Engineering leadership to identify gaps and opportunities, and work with teams to plan and execute research, and take action based on research findings.
You'll also work alongside peers across the company, collaborating on processes and tools to build the foundations of an impactful research practice. You bring a balanced mindset on craft, operations, communication, and managerial duties. In this capacity, you'll drive healthy and sustainable growth for the team and business.
Join a growing team of hyper-curious product people seeking to solve the most nuanced of problems, leaving nothing unquestioned or without thoughtful consideration. FullStory's Product Experience team swings big on vision but deep on the details, championing the little things that result in exceptional user experiences. Day to day, you'll:
We're looking for someone who:
- Identify research opportunities that can inform product strategy and roadmaps.
- Build the processes and tools to operate a research practice and support a growing product and design team.
- Coach and support team members in the planning, execution, and synthesizing of research efforts.
- Hire a team of researchers over time.
- Make research visible across the organization to build empathy and share insights.
- Help team members build a diverse skill set across the entire range of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
It would be amazing if:
- Has an education in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- Enjoys leading and scaling a Research function in a SaaS and eCommerce company or similar.
- Has experience as a User Experience Researcher
- You have experience building an experimentation practice
- You have experience in building product analytics capabilities
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can use your expertise to influence change
- You crave a workplace that values not only your work but who you are as a human. Be your most authentic self with us-our people are our most valuable asset
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory 's digital experience intelligence platform empowers businesses to continuously improve the digital customer experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory's platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together-faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.
- Empathy - Making a habit of empathy is a powerful way to maintain moderation and stay open to important information that doesn't originate inside your own head.
- Clarity - Few problems can survive their thorough description. By the time you can explain a problem in excruciating detail, especially to someone else, you know how to solve it.
- Bionics - "Study what humans do and figure out how to scale it." A dedication to building bionic systems ensures we maximally empower our users while minimizing our own unnecessary toil.
- Have a life . FullStorians enjoy autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment to untracked paid time off, we don't believe in micromanaging your time. After all, smart, driven people are their own best bosses.
- Stay healthy . For our US-based FullStorians, we cover 99% of your premiums and 75% of your dependents'-same goes for dental and vision coverage.
- Save for retirement . For our US-based FullStorians, we offer a 401k retirement plan through Vanguard and match employee contributions 2:1 up to $4800 USD per calendar year.
- Paid parental leave . We want FullStorians to have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Keep learning. FullStory provides professional development opportunities through training programs, career coaching sessions, and an annual learning subsidy .
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There's no problem that can't be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If you love technology but aren't sure if you'd fit in, please apply anyway. When you apply,
you will have the opportunity to share your pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with FullStory to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring and recruitment process. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to share with us will be kept confidential and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
At FullStory, we are focused on creating an environment where anyone can thrive and be themselves, and we want to foster the same safe and inclusive environment for our candidates. If you feel comfortable, please share your pronouns.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada? *
By selecting "I ACCEPT" below, I acknowledge and confirm that I have read and understand the following Privacy Notice. *
Privacy Notice: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the Company is notifying you that by applying for a position, you are providing us the following categories of personal information that we may use to evaluate your candidacy for employment, communicate with you regarding your candidacy, and obtain and verify background checks, and references: Personal Identifiers (e.g., name, SSN); Contact Information (e.g., mailing address, email, phone number), Employment History (e.g., current and former positions held, work experience, and any certifications or licenses), and Education History. By signing below, I acknowledge and confirm that I have received and read and understand this notice, and I authorize and consent to the Company's use of the personal information it collects, receives or maintains for the business purposes identified above.