Job Description: UX Manager
Location: Remote, North America (EST Time Zone Preferred)
Offices: OPENLANE - Toronto, CanadaWho We Are:
KAR Global powers the world's most trusted automotive marketplaces through innovation, technology and people. Our end-to-end platform serves the remarketing needs of the world's largest OEMs, dealers, fleet operators, rental companies and financial institutions.
About Our Candidate:
- We're a technology company delivering next generation tools to accelerate and simplify remarketing
- We're an analytics company leveraging data to inform and empower our customers with clear, actionable insights
- And we're an auction company powering the world's most advanced and integrated mobile, digital and physical auction marketplaces
OPENLANE, a KAR Global brand, the leader in online automotive remarketing, is currently looking for a User Experience Manager
to join our Product Management team.
OPENLANE, a KAR Global brand, is the online vehicle remarketing and portfolio management pioneer, delivering intelligent innovations and trusted technology solutions preferred by most OEMs, automotive finance companies and fleets. Operating more than 40 private-label remarketing marketplace sites and mobile apps in the U.S. and Canada, OPENLANE is the largest provider of vehicle portfolio management and remarketing services-by far.
With 20 years of industry leadership, OPENLANE has a proven track record of delivering the latest technology at scale, with loyalty-inspiring service and support.
As part of the KAR group of companies, OPENLANE supports the entire vehicle remarketing lifecycle, with integrated transport, wholesale, and data solutions that leverage the span and capabilities of KAR.What You Will Be Doing:
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Work closely with Product Management, Operations, Simulcast, Marketing, and various groups across the business to conceive ideas and solutions that meet user needs and best practices, while balancing business and technical requirements.
- Help be a conduit between the business and our customers.
- Apply conceptual thinking to create desirable and feasible multi-platform digital solutions, combining user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Utilize best practices (known and emerging) to define and implement design criteria.
- Lead user research and testing, develop customer models (personas, activity models, etc.) mapping customer journeys, develop service blueprints to direct team output.
- Work closely with business partners and User Experience peers to define research roadmaps and lead execution of research.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through server logs, online experiments (A/B testing), benchmark studies, lab studies, surveys and various toolsets (Google Analytics, Maze, Crazy Egg, etc.)
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audience through written reports and oral presentations.
- Manage a team of UX Designers, researchers and graphic artists.
- Develop UX design processes and guidelines for our products, ensuring best practices are followed across the UX design team.
- Create and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns, and style guides.
- Contribute to project scoping and sizing efforts to inform project timelines and ensure on-time delivery, supply task breakdowns and estimated sizes, facilitate prioritization and ongoing planning as changes arise.
- Present and review design work with cross-functional value streams and business stakeholders.
- Apply user-centered design methodologies to ensure ideas are based on customer needs.
- Deliver digital experiences that are well-informed, user-focused, and intuitive, working closely with business stakeholders, peers, customers and/or developers from inception through implementation.
- Use a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.)
- Communicate research finding, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Lead team members in constructing quick interactive prototypes with initial low fidelity visual designs that illustrate the UX/UI design that present a realistic feel of the intended experience.
- Work closely with product and development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
We thank all applicants. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- BA/BS degree in Design Interaction, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, or related field.
- At least 7 years of professional experience as UX Strategist or UX Architect on high profile projects involving international, remote teams. These projects have involved research, web, native app and PWA design, wireframing, whiteboarding, user/task flow, rapid prototyping to capture data-driven user interaction, functionality and experience.
- Must be a self-starter with minimal oversight.
- A clear understanding of diverse markets with the ability to communicate the balance of user needs, business objectives, and technology constraints to key stakeholders.
- Possess strong stakeholder management, facilitation, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working on large scale (75,000+ users) B2B facing web sites.
- Demonstrated success working on large and complex digital projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong and effective working relationships.
- Experience with remote usability testing tools, such as Keynote or Zoom.
- Experience leading multiple designers and other members of a cross-functional team working with product owners, designers, and developers.
- Experience with mobile-first product design.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing modern UIs and interactions. We are interested in design solutions, not design artifacts.
- Keeps abreast of digital landscape, including annual expos, competitive studies in UX, targeted competitive analysis, industry trends and digital developments in other market segments.
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions.
- Experience working with front and back-end developers to utilize latest technologies and create intuitive and beautiful user experiences.
- Familiarity with current design development tools which includes use of Adobe CS, Sketch, OmniGraffle as well as good experience with MS Office.
- Excellent knowledge of rapid prototyping with tools such as Figma, Maze, Crazy Egg and Google Analytics
OPENLANE is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.
Job InfoType: Full time
Location: CAN - ON - Toronto (TradeRev CAN), US - GA - Smyrna (Atlanta), US - NC - Charlotte (Charlotte), US - GA - Norcross (Atlanta East), US - IL - Hoffman Estates (Chicago), US - IL - Tinley Park (Chicago South), US - OH - Franklin (Cincinnati), US - TX - Austin (Austin), US - OH - Northfield (Cleveland), US - IN - Plainfield (Indianapolis), CAN - ON - Brampton (Toronto), US - IL - Chicago (DRIVIN), US - TX - Hutchins (Dallas), US - MS - Pearl (Jackson), US - TX - Lewisville (Dallas-Metro), US - TX - Wilmer (Dallas), US - FL - Jacksonville (Jacksonville), US - MO - Belton (Kansas City), CAN - ON - Tilbury (Windsor), US - IN - Carmel (KAR World Headquarters), US - Kansas City - BacklotCars, US - IA - Grimes (Des Moines), US - MI - Flint (Flint), US - IN - Carmel (Indianapolis North), US - IN - Indianpolis (AutoVIN), US - IN - Indianpolis (Indianapolis-PAR), US - IN - Fort Wayne (Ft Wayne), US - TX - Ft Worth (Ft Worth), US - GA - Fairburn (Atlanta)