Compensation:[Adjunct Pay Schedule](https://hr.spcollege.edu/work-at-spc/prospective-employees)Hours:VariesOpenings:1Department:Fine & Applied ArtsLocation:TBDKey Position Information: Master's degree in Humanities or master's degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in Humanities, or 18 graduate semester hours in *at least two of the following subject areas: *
Art Appreciation/Art History
English/ Creative Writing
Music Appreciation/Music History
*Adjunct postings are filled based on enrollment. While a posting may exist on our website, there may or may not be a need at this time; however, applications are available for the hiring managers to review on an ongoing basis. The hiring manager or their designee will contact the applicants they would like to interview. Transcripts showing degree conferred (copies or originals) will be required at the time of interview. It is the applicant's responsibility to have foreign transcripts evaluated by an authorized evaluation services (See NACES link for details *[http://www.naces.org/members.htm](http://www.naces.org/members.htm)*)*
Position Summary:*Plan, **organize,** and teach to promote successful student learning outcomes*
Appropriate level of education required. See SPC Teaching Disciplines and Faculty Credentialing Guidelines for details.
Related teaching experience at the college level preferred.
* Demonstrate strategies that will encourage the acquisition of knowledge, skills and abilities in a learning-centered environment;
* Use observational, oral, and/or written assessment to direct and enhance learning in a timely manner;
* Create, encourage, and maintain an inclusive environment that respects multiple learning styles;
* Use current and emerging technologies and alternative delivery methods to enhance student learning;
* Observe college policies and procedures;
* Demonstrate commitment to professional development;
* Be able to work effectively to meet the needs of diverse student populations.