Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech's commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are currently seeking Archaeologists/Field Technician in the Pacific Northwest for upcoming large projects in Oregon and Washington.
This is an hourly, on-call position. The preferred candidates will be residents of the region. Applicants should be available to travel to project sites in the Pacific Northwest as necessary for fieldwork duties. Prior work experience in the region is required. Projects will primarily be renewable energy-related, but additional types of projects throughout the US are a possibility. Required tasks include pedestrian survey, shovel probing, and NRHP-eligibility testing as well as contributing to the completion of site forms under the supervision of Field Directors and/or Principal Investigators. Staff will be expected to assist with mapping cultural resources in the field, including collection of GPS data using ArcCollector or Trimble units, digital photography, and identifying and recording artifacts and resources on site record forms and tablets.
Pay rate will range between $20 - $26 per hour and will be based on individual qualifications, experience, and assigned project role.
Responsibilities and Minimum Requirements:
* A Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology or a closely related field is required.
* Completed an archaeology field school.
* At least 1 year of experience in CRM.
* Some experience with large-scale cultural resource projects.
* Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring in Pacific Northwest.
* Experience with GPS (Trimble; Bluetooth with tablets) units, TerraSync, tablets, ArcGIS, and other computer-based programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Attention to detail and self-motivation a must.
* Strong writing skills with ability to complete cultural resource forms in the field in a timely manner.
* Prepared to travel in any of the Pacific Northwest for prolonged field work.
* Ability to conduct fieldwork carrying gear (35 lbs.+) at least 10 miles per day for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, remote locations, and rugged terrain.
* Experience with the identification of a variety of pre-contact and historic-era artifacts, flora, fauna, and human remain identification.
* Self-motivated, respectful of others, positive, energetic, and ability to work and participate in a team environment.
* Current valid driver's license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads.
* First Aid training.
* Be able to pass a drug screening.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
* Organization: 194 CES