WestLand Engineering & Environmental Services
is seeking on-call Archaeology Field Technicians
for our growing Nevada team. If you are looking for a flexible work schedule, interesting and diverse projects, and an opportunity to learn and grow with a terrific company, then WestLand
is the place for you! Our crews can be found working throughout the western United States on cultural resource management projects for private and public sector clients. For out-of-town work that includes overnight or longer duration stays, per diem and single-occupancy hotel rooms are provided. The successful candidates will be based out of our Reno, Nevada, office. When you join WestLand
, you join a growing, employee-owned company with a reputation for providing high-quality results and excellent service.Qualifications
- Associates Degree or higher in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field. Prior on-the-job archeology experience may substitute for educational requirements.
- Previous experience in archaeology.
- Ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours in a desert environment featuring extreme temperatures, rough terrain, and potential high altitudes.
- Ability to carry up to 60 pounds of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to bend and kneel for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel out of town for work throughout the western United States, often on short notice and for extended periods (paid drive time, per diem, and hotel provided).
- Reliable personal transportation to WestLand offices or local field sites.
- Ability to work as a member of a cohesive team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and creative environment.
- Under direction of a field supervisor, conduct archaeological field work (field survey, testing, monitoring and data recovery excavations).
- Under direction of field supervisor, record artifacts, features and other manifestations using Trimble GPS, map archaeological features and sites, draw scaled profiles and plans, and maintain paperwork, notes, and records.
- Process and catalog artifacts and other materials under lab staff supervision.
- Perform preliminary analysis and lab tasks under lab staff supervision.
- File and scan records and paperwork.
- Complete record searches and report tables under supervision of senior staff.
prides itself on providing a work environment that is relaxed and collaborative, while supporting the highest standards for project delivery and work product quality. Our team approach to both project and staff development naturally fosters a tight-knit environment of uniquely skilled and experienced professionals, learning from and helping one another.WestLand
is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite applications from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about WestLand Resources, please visit our website at www.WestLandresources.com
To apply, visit our careers section at WestLand Engineering & Environmental Services Job Listings
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Job Posted by ApplicantPro