Social and Behavior Change ConsultantStrategy and InsightsIndefinite Quantity ContractWho we are
Were Population Services International (PSI), the worlds leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 PSIers around the world. Its a motley group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job. Partner with us!
The Strategy & Insights (S&I) Department champions insight-driven prioritization across PSI, ensuring we are doing the right things even as we work on doing things right. The department promotes best practice in program design, marketing discipline, research, learning, and strategy development. S&I works with other departments to systematically capture, synthesize, and share internal and external evidence, consumer and market insights, competitive market intelligence, and program experience to guide global, market level, and program level strategy. The S&I team is seeking consultants to support global and field teams in the design, development, and implementation of SBC programs across PSI health areas (SRH, HIV, Malaria, Wash, PHC)
Sound like you? Read on.Your contribution
Consultant tasks can include:
What are we looking for?
- Support the design and implementation of SBC and HCD interventions.
- Execute targeted capacity building, including developing and delivering training courses for country programs on SBC, providing technical leadership for the development of internal communities of practice, and engaging directly with key SBC staff.
- Provide technical review of SBC proposals, processes, and products to strengthen behavioral theory foundation.
- Assist in integrating additional behavior theory/behavior economic theory into PSIs program design framework.
- Develop and facilitate human centered design workshops, including digital-enabled remote workshops.
- Guide local teams in prototype development and testing of behavior change messages and tools with consumers and providers.
- Support country teams in developing advocacy strategy and messaging.
- Conducting literature reviews on SBC, behavioral economics, and behavior theory to identify trends and developments in the industry relevant to PSIs work.
- Leading the development of program reports, success stories, and other knowledge products related to SBC, including, as required, dissemination of key products.
- Masters Degree (e.g., public health, anthropology, sociology, psychology, design, marketing, behavioral science)
- Behavior economic theory knowledge a plus
- Experience in public health program design and implementation
- International experience
- Expert knowledge and experience applying social and behavior change theory
- Experience developing theories of change
- Experience conducting human centered design
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills with multidisciplinary, international groups
- French Portuguese, or Spanish language a plus.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis through November 2020
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.