**ASURION PRODUCT DESIGN RESEARCH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM**
Asurion's internship program is a 12-week internship to help rising juniors and seniors get a sneak peek into the technology world. Assigned to a team, interns will have their own projects to complete and present to leadership at the end of the summer. The program will provide the intern with a unique strategic perspective, professional and personal development along the way, and experiences to enhance their academic learnings. Our goal is to allow for the intern to make contributions throughout the summer through project work, presentations, and networking. Are you ready to join our award-winning virtual internship? We are looking for interns who are curious, humble and eager to learn - which is the way we all approach the design work we do.
**WHY INTERNS CHOOSE AND STAY WITH ASURION**
- Paid internship
- Summer Intern housing is covered by Asurion
- Intern to Full-Time emphasis
- Diversity and Inclusion initiatives are top rated - there's a place for everyone at Asurion!
- 100% of 2021 Interns received a return offer
- Unlimited Paid Time Off upon starting with Asurion Full-Time
- Open to rising juniors and seniors currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree related to internship duties or major below.
- Freshman and Sophomores: Ask us about our mini-internship program!
- Duration of virtual internship is 12 weeks from May 16th to August 5th 2022
- Continuous learning and tailored on the job training in technology or product development.
- Exposure to senior leadership including but not limited to onboarding, learning and development sessions, and team business case presentations.
- Build an intern community through peer intern groups, mentors, direct intern leaders, senior leadership throughout the summer.
Student must be pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cultural Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, design or User Experience related field, with a graduation date between August 2022 - June 2024.
**THE DESIGN RESEARCH TEAM:**
We are a team of curious individuals who love asking, "why?" followed up with another "why?" Our goal is to provide empathy tools and a robust system of support, we empower teams to create human-centric solutions that are actually helpful, remarkably human, and delightfully simple. Ultimately, we are mixed-methods researchers, delivering insights in exploratory, generative, and evaluative research projects.
- We are champions of human-centered design, and want to enable all teams to adopt this mindset.
- We aim to foster a culture of learning instead of a culture of knowing.
- We focus on cross-functional collaboration and growing skills within teams.
- We are doers and approach all challenges with a bias to action.
- We believe in leading with listening and advocating for our users.
**WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?**
We believe in learning through doing which means you will be a hands-on contributor from Day 1. You will meaningfully contribute to various projects and help produce real outcomes that impact our millions of customers. You will also:
- Gain exposure in leveraging frameworks for problem definition, defining opportunities for desired outcome, collaboration, facilitation, prioritization, and stakeholder alignment within a human-centered design process.
- Design, conduct, and synthesize results from a variety of research studies including usability lab studies, remote research, field studies, and survey design.
- Identify best method or mix of quantitative and qualitative methods based on priorities, research questions, timeline, and resourcing.
- Work with UX researchers, experience designers, visual designers, product managers, and engineers to review current and existing data and product designs to identify the need, gaps, and develop your research plan
- Conduct oral, written and visual presentations about research findings to team members and stakeholders
- Having fun. No seriously, we like to laugh :)
**WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US!**
- A dedicated team to help you explore the world of research through design
- Day-to-day support from experienced researchers
- Exposure to various opportunities to leverage your strongest skills, and grow new research skills along the way
- An inclusive environment focused on truly advocating for our users and making a difference in the world