Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world's most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We're looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Lexus, the luxury division of Toyota Motor North America, transforms inspired design, relentless innovation and uninhibited performance into emotional, compelling experiences with amazing products. Yet, that is only part of our DNA. We're equally committed to creating exceptional customer experiences that transcend mere automotive interaction to inspire emotional engagement and pride in the Lexus Brand. Join the Lexus team and help us create amazing experiences as we set the path for the future of luxury.
Who we're looking for
Toyota's Consumer Insights Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Consumer Insights Senior Analyst for the Lexus Team, focusing on vehicles such as the NX, RX, IS and future products or services that have yet to be announced to the public. This is a particularly exciting time for Lexus and the Sr. Analyst role will be right in the middle of helping our internal clients develop strategies that connect deeply with consumers. Using customer research, industry knowledge and an understanding of Lexus business objectives, the Senior Analyst must be flexible, creative, and influential to guide transformative change for Lexus as consumer expectations and needs rapidly evolve.
The Consumer Insights Senior Analyst will be responsible for gathering the voice of the customer across a variety of research projects related to Product Development, Launch Activities, Market Positioning, Brand Strategy, Brand Experience, Communication/Media Behaviors, and deepening our understanding of consumers. Typical qualitative and quantitative projects include Focus Groups, Syndicated Studies, Surveys, Marketing and Product Clinics, Optimization Testing, and In-Market Tracking.
Reporting to the Consumer Insights Manager, the person in this role will support the department's objective to champion the desires of our consumers to ensure they are at the center of the decisions made by our engineers, product planners, marketers and executives.
What you'll be doing
The Consumer Insights team is committed to a framework we believe ensures the customer's voice is placed at the center of all decisions we make at Toyota Motor North America. Here is an overview of key competencies our team members strive to achieve:
Business Problem Solving
In this role, the Senior Analyst is expected to have a strong understanding of how to translate and scope business questions of internal clients into a research study design. This includes the ability to artfully understand and clarify their client's business context and questions. The pace of change in the automotive business requires a Senior Analyst who is agile, flexible, and creative in their approach to business problem-solving.
Project Execution / Management
Another important area of responsibility is to manage the details of the research study process. This includes managing multiple projects simultaneously along with business partners, the research execution, and timelines for all assigned projects. As part of the process, team members support selecting appropriate and diverse methodologies in designing research studies. We encourage trying new approaches (e.g. new business partners, innovative techniques) to help the Consumer Insights Department continuously improve.
Consumer Insights Senior Analysts are expected to proactively develop as Subject Matter Experts for their assigned products/stakeholder groups. The Senior Analyst can use various data sources and insight generation tools to align their insights with stakeholder business needs to produce recommendations. The recommendations should use good business judgment applying research insights to their client's specific business questions.
Data Synthesis / Analysis
As the Senior Analyst continues to strengthen their role as a trusted advisor to their clients, their project deliverables will provide a cohesive story using both existing findings and, if appropriate, insights from previous/related projects. By identifying broad themes from other research, the Senior Analyst will be able to create new insights leading to new areas of study.
Communication / Influencing
To translate the insights into data-driven stories that inform strategy, the Senior Analyst must be able to effectively communicate to stakeholders at all levels of the organization. They must be comfortable presenting to working-level teams as well as senior executives in a way that meets the needs and styles of different audiences.
General Senior Analyst Responsibilities:
• Consulting with client groups to provide advice on all aspects of the research process, translating business objectives into research questions.
• Project management of Quantitative and Qualitative Research Projects.
• Selecting, designing, and implementing a variety of research methodologies to address relevant research questions.
• Working with TMNA agency partners and their strategy & insights teams.
• Analyzing data to generate relevant and actionable consumer insights.
• Developing presentations that strategically and visually use data to clearly communicate stories and key takeaways for internal clients.
• Effectively communicating insights to a variety of audiences, from working-level teams to senior executives.
• Pro-actively monitoring and recommending new and innovative ideas/approaches to address changing research needs and priorities.
• Managing assigned project financial and operational resources, including managing the purchasing and internal finance processes for assigned projects.
What you bring
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Market Research, Business, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology or a closely related discipline, or equivalent professional work experience.
• Proven business experience in research, analysis, or relative field/industry.
• Understanding of and ability to write quantitative surveys based on agreed set of business questions and research objectives.
• Ability to synthesize both quantitative and qualitative research findings and write concise, creative, and insightful reports to effectively communicate research findings to a diverse business audience.
• Strong project management and relationship-building skills with the ability to effectively lead, coach, and develop cross-functional project teams.
• Experience with research methods such as surveys, ethnographies, one-on-one interviews, focus groups, marketing and/or product clinics and tracking studies.
• Understanding of the application of various analytic techniques and the ability to explain these techniques to team members and/or internal clients.
• Ability and willingness to travel for certain projects, including overnight and weekends up to 25%.
• Proficient in MS Office products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Added bonus if you have
• MBA or other advanced degree in Marketing, Market Research, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, or a closely related discipline.
• Deep understanding of the automotive industry.
• Deep understanding or experience working with luxury brands.
• Familiarity with analytic techniques including correlations, regression, factor analysis, cluster analysis, Max-Diff, and conjoint analysis.
• Analytical Platform experience such as R, SPSS, Tableau SAS, or mTAB.
• Understanding of the advanced product development and product management functions.
• Experience leading research to support brand, marketing, and media teams.
What we'll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
• A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect.
• Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
• Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
• Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
• Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable).
• Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
• Paid holidays and paid time off.
• Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more.
• Flexible spending accounts.
• Relocation assistance (if applicable).
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
Job Corporate StrategyPrimary LocationUS-TX-Dallas-PlanoOrganization TMN - Toyota Motor North AmericaTravel Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting Nov 20, 2021, 1:38:48 AM